myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Popping tendon in foot

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boxandrackguy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Popping tendon in foot Reply with quote

Popping peroneal syndrome? My foot has this popping noise when I walk. No pain ,still can windsurf should I let it heal or sail? Isobars?
rigitrite

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's probably nothing. Just keep an eye on it and see a doctor if it starts to hurt.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got me on this one. I had never heard of it until you mentioned it, all I could suggest is Google, and you're ahead of me on that. But thanks for thinking I could help.

Mike \m/
bronco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is called peroneal subluxation (aka 'snowboarder's ankle). I have the same misfortune... With taping it should be fine. Without taping can become a tendonitis.

I have found the KT tape and an ankle compression sock (got mine at Short Supply) I can sail without problems. The KT tape website has a video on how to apply the tape properly. I keep the tape on for 5-7 days at a time.

Good luck..
surfersteve

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am no Isobars, but I have been a PT for quite some time. The problem you are describing could be a few things not mentioned. Tendons along the lower leg and foot run in grooves along the bone with the help of little ligaments that act as guides/tunnels. If one of these tears, the tendon will lose some guidance as it glides up and down while the leg is moving. A second fairly common tendon problem is known as tenosynovitis. Most of these tendons have a sheath around them like just like the cable housing on the brakes of a bike. With chronic irritation, the sheath can become inflamed and the tendon can develop a washer-like nob on it. Each time the tendon glides through the sheath, it will catch and create a pop.
If it were my leg and I was not a PT, I would spend a little time and $ and see a sports PT or an orthopedic MD in that order. There are several very good sports PTs in the Gorge and I would be happy to give you some names if you interested. Good luck with your leg.
brettn

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought popping perineal syndrome was when I try a willy skipper, my feet miss the board, and I crotch the mast base super hard.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brettn wrote:
I thought popping perineal syndrome was when I try a willy skipper, my feet miss the board, and I crotch the mast base super hard.

No, that's called the willy crusher. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: