myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
enclosed windsurf trailer
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
combs

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://classified.iwindsurf.com/classifieds.pl?db=misc&website=&language=&session_key=&search_and_display_db_button=on&results_format=long&db_id=4104&query=retrieval

this is what you need! I have had one for 10 years and love it. I don't believe the manufacturer is making them anymore, so this one is well worth the price.
scargo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, what a sweet trailer that is.

I like the coffin design. I've often thought that one could accomplish something similar by buying two old jon boats of identical size, and then welding a small frame so that the top one (turned upside down) hinges to meet the bottom one. The painted aluminum would resist corrosion, and it could easily be hosed out. Would be aerodynamic going down the road, and would just look like two old fishing boats rather than a trailer full of expensive gear.
Wavedave38

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am with you on sand getting everywhere , thats why the trailer option . I am tired of this stuff getting in my new 4runner , it drives me nutts. The option of getting a van just for windsurfing ups cost of buying another car, insurance matenance and so on . If i was rich it woukd be a different story , oh well.
Hall mark has a 5/8 v nose that they can reduce the height so i can get in the garage , to a reduced height of 5 ft or so which i think woukd work . The v adda an additiinal 18 inch to the eight feet long trailer
ABKTomL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABK Tom here (per previous post).

Wavedave, after deciding on a trailer I did a lot of research into different trailers and sizes. I was looking to carry 4 – 5 boards, 4 booms, 9 sails, 8 masts plus associated gear and clothing (including a small gas barbeque grill!!). Towing limit on my Element is 1500 pounds so I was looking for a light, standard cargo trailer but not spending the bucks for aluminum. I finally bought a Carry-On 5X10 ‘Bullnose’ (5X10CGBN). It was a good balance of size/weight/cost, with a short tongue that I could fit in my garage. Not as high quality as much more expensive trailers but works fine for my needs. I weighed all my gear, including rack system, to be sure I was below 1500 lbs. Bullnose gives better ‘side length’ vs true V-Nose.

I outfitted the trailer myself with plywood and PVC racks. I recommend using ‘schedule 80’ PVC as it is stronger (thicker walls). I used furniture grade PVC fittings, also for strength. PVC cement works fine, no problems after 2 years traveling. The standard front door is great for front access, paying extra for double rear doors and side flow vents highly suggested.
I have a detailed layout on Excel I’d be glad to send, also additional pics if you want.

Great having a trailer, hook it up and go, no more water, sand and loading/unloading car!!

Prod Trailer II 006.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  216.84 KB
 Viewed:  15392 Time(s)

Prod Trailer II 006.JPG

Prod Trailer II 001.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  206.97 KB
 Viewed:  15392 Time(s)

Prod Trailer II 001.JPG

Wavedave38

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trailer looks sweet, if u could send excel on what you did and any other pics u feel would be helpful that would be great. I like the extension holder you placed on the door. I was thinking of mounting individual board racks off the wall on a angle upwards maybe at 60 degrees to allow for more room in width foR other things , just a thought .
My email is wavedave38@yahoo.com if u want to send additional info
Thanks bud
carl

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.eandj.on.ca/EJ/Welcome.html

E & J builds custom aluminum trailers and have pictures of some built for windsurfing on their website. They are in Ontario Canada but will deliver anywhere in the US. I have several WS friends in Calif that have them.
skyking1231

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that an after session beer bottle on the wall of the trailer ?
ABKTomL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never drank a beer in my life....almost. And that's not a bottle opener attached to a string next to it!!! Exclamation Exclamation
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something looks inefficient in the pics of that trailer.
While our old Eurovan and new ProMaster 1500 are not trailers, it's the same bed size, 8' x 5.6", the ProMaster a little taller.
We always got 5-6 boards in, always got over 12 sails, 4 booms, 10 masts, 6 mast bases, and just enough room for rainy day changing.
Now have 7 boards inside, and past week, 2 more kiteboards and 2 more kites, including all the windsurf gear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: