myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Third on Monday Reply with quote

First out on the water at Third at 1 pm. Was good initially with 5.5/90L but despite the whitecaps the wind was unsteady and fluky with less wind on the outside. Probably should have taken out the fricking 8.0!
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:07 pm    Post subject: Crissy and Stick Reply with quote

Aug 1st at the Stick, out with GP2 6.6 and Isonic (should have brought the 8.0), mostly slogging and puff planing until at 4 pm the wind finally kicks in with a vengeance. The few other bodies on site (Fred, Don, Bill) get out in a hurry, I grab my CA 58 and I have a VERY overpowered 45' with the 6.6. Just watched a PWA video with Taty Fran jibing that really cleaned up my jibes in these conditions (bend that front knee!!!!! more! more! BEND IT!) Then the wind dies and we go home

Aug 3rd Crissy: out at 2:30 with CA 58 and 6.0, nicely powered up. Beautiful day, flooding and very flat in the middle but a bit up and down. By 5 pm the wind drops a few notches and I call it. Bunch of people out, thankfully the unruly Kite foiler crowd that showed up for their race is gone: kind of a miracle nobody got injured on the beach! Shocked

Tomorrow probably a repeat ... wish my Patrik slalom 100 was here already, these are nice slalom days! Very Happy

And Aug 5 Stick: VERY powered up with CA 58 and 6.6. I am in control by I get a real work out. I could easily use a 5.5, Fred out with a 6.0 does great. Conditions after 5 pm are almost ideal: overpowered, almost no chop, tiny swell on port side makes you go effortlessly at top speed. Very Happy

Last edited by dvCali on Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
koogzah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TI has rocked hard throughout this ebb cycle. That is all. Cool
tajella

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

koogzah wrote:
TI has rocked hard throughout this ebb cycle. That is all. Cool

Very Happy
ctuna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:38 am    Post subject: San Luis Res 7/2/2015 1 pm to 6pm and 7/3/2015 Reply with quote

Sunday arrived at 1 pm Water Level 221.5 significant weeds
on the service covering about 30 percent of the Forebay .
Went to the Mediros side to avoid the thicker patches
and stay in the channel.
Wind was weak to start with rigged a 5.7 and exocet 117.
About 4 the wind kicked in and the water level was rising as it normally does
in the afternoon. Had some of those insane runs through the weeds
where the water is dead flat(glassy in surf terms) but the wind is really high .
Weeds are almost invisible at the surface when the water level hits
222 now. Yesterday water level higher no weeds showing started out on a 5.7 and had to hunt for the planing patches at first then it kicked in about 3 pm and I went from a 5.7 to a 5.3 it kept building . I could of went to 4.7 by 4 but stuck with the 5.3 . Also no weeds showing at the surface at 223 doesn't mean
you don't need a weed fin though.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point Isabel delivered the goods to all us retired/unemployed old geezers today...(not you Christian)

multiple Woofs.

bert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:12 am    Post subject: Tigers to Sierra Pt on Saturday Reply with quote

5.0/90L from Oyster but could have used a 4.2 at Tigers and especially Sierra Pt. where there were gusts from hell. Only sailor there.
veterduet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:35 am    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

Mellow southerly flow with fairly smooth water. Nice relaxed sailing on a 5.7.
veterduet

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:31 pm    Post subject: Marina Bay Reply with quote

Ditto today till it got a little weird around 3. Turned SE and probably OK out by the towers but didn't reach the kiters beach launch. Timing was everything.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:50 am    Post subject: Natural Bridges -5-09-2015 Reply with quote

Natural Bridges today. Good when I started with about an 18 knot west wind. Then as other folk came out, about 6 sailors total, the wind went to up and down like a square wave trend. Sometimes zero knots and glassy water for a few minutes and then 18 knot extended gusts. Some direction switches as well. Some people did some swimming to get in, but usually got a gust to help out.

When I first took my board to the beach and I plopped it down near the water's edge, someone asked if it was a paddle board. I said, " No, it was a windsurfer." He looked at me quizzically like he had never heard of it. As I hiked up to get my sail, I thought I should have explained to him that it was a lost art and only being brought back now by a few dedicated jedi knights. Many of us do not look too different than Obe-Wan-Kinobe.

Feel the force!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 99 of 329

Jump to: