myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Rowena's Dead Grass
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TBird

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Rowena's Dead Grass Reply with quote

SeaTurtle wrote:

We have thousands of dollars $$$ of gear sitting in dirt because they did not water the grass this year. My sails are getting worn from laying in the dust. The dirt & dead grass in is my van, in my clothes, in my dog's coat. It's a horrible mess that we are all dealing with.

Honestly, this is what you want people to petition the state about? Dead grass in your van?

We're in a drought and thousands of fish are dying because of the high water temperatures. Pulling water from the river or anywhere else to water lawns is a pointless waste of resources we can't afford right now. Dirt and dust will not wreck your gear, nor your fancy van.
starfish

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:12 pm    Post subject: Hey now. Reply with quote

Every time we have talked to the park lady she said there "working on it"
No one ever said drought! Makes sense now that some one else brought it up.
Hope you drive a pos!
SeaTurtle

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:47 pm    Post subject: Well water Reply with quote

I think there is a well at Rowena, since it looks like a pump house is there. If that is the case, then let the water flow.

Lots of parks still have green grass. It's a matter of the cost of replanting vs keeping what could have been saved a couple of months ago.

Being a regular at Rowena, I don't recall seeing any water at all even back in April. At that time we knew it was a dry winter, but come about June, then we realized this is a really hot, dry summer. Never saw a sprinkler....

Don't blame the tourists, we all use the parks. Plus, they do help support the economy in the gorge.
starfish

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:55 am    Post subject: Grass Reply with quote

It is kind of interesting that the port keeps the event site lawn green. Also the city front park grass is green. I wonder where they get their water from?
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rowena. State park with STATE policies. Event site and Waterfront. City property with CITY policies. How is that confusing?
h2olm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG!
We have thousands of dollars $$$ of gear sitting in dirt because they did not water the grass this year. My sails are getting worn from laying in the dust. The dirt & dead grass in is my van, in my clothes, in my dog's coat. It's a horrible mess that we are all dealing with.

So I suppose if you go to windsurf at the beach, you might get some sand on your gear or in your car. Dammit, we should ask them to grass that over too.
Bonehead

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astroturf
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So rig on the asphalt, as one guy did in the last parking place in the whole park, with lush grass ten feet away. (His new sail almost got parked on.)
h2olm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How dare you suggest that I rig my hundreds of dollars (can't afford thousands) worth of gear on the asphalt;-) What if I get some tar on my gear and the drag it in my POS car. Dammit, grass over the parking lot too.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least you see the problem with that. The poor schmuck who did that with his brand, smacking, cherry, new, cambered monofilm sail didn't see that coming. Tar comes off; those deep scratches did not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7

Jump to: