myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where has the civility gone
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoodvista

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John,

If you had spent your entire session attempting the world's first triple forward loop would you have criticized that woman for commenting on your dry hair? Of course not. Therefore, simple logic tells us that your criticism of her is dependent on her having watched your session. Ergo, you must have a ridiculously inflated ego.

Sorry if I seem to be picking on you but I find your attitude of superiority simply because you can make a few jibes to be a little nauseating.

johnl wrote:

Wow your reading skills suck. I see why you lurked for 10 years.

I suggest you reread my post word for word, don't paraphrase or make inferences to what you want to think it says. Just read what I said. You seem to be the only one who can't understand my post.
johnl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoodvista wrote:
John,

If you had spent your entire session attempting the world's first triple forward loop would you have criticized that woman for commenting on your dry hair? Of course not. Therefore, simple logic tells us that your criticism of her is dependent on her having watched your session. Ergo, you must have a ridiculously inflated ego.

Sorry if I seem to be picking on you but I find your attitude of superiority simply because you can make a few jibes to be a little nauseating.

johnl wrote:

Wow your reading skills suck. I see why you lurked for 10 years.

I suggest you reread my post word for word, don't paraphrase or make inferences to what you want to think it says. Just read what I said. You seem to be the only one who can't understand my post.

Well first of all your simple logic is flawed. She was surprised that somebody could have a dry hair run. THAT was what I was pointing out because that seems to be the consensus of a lot of people at the hatch after watching them sail. My simple comment about me not doing anything special other then simple sailing was nothing more than a qualifier of what I did. Not a pat on the back or an ego boost. I have no idea why you took it that way. I would expect every sailor at the hatch to be capable of that. But that is far from the case.

Then you went way off script and started talking about trying new stuff, arials and who knows what else which has NOTHING to do with what I said. I was referring to a MINIMUM base level that should be present. Not how you should sail once you have that minimum level of skill.

As to my example, I'm sorry I even mentioned it now. At the time ( a few years ago) it was no big deal but the recent conversation reminded me of it. So I shared it to illustrate my point. Why you took such offense to it is beyond me....
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One bud often sails the Gorge for hours, sometimes including solo downwinders of up to 17-18 miles (he hitchhikes back upwind), on a wave board sinker in big, gusty and holey winds. He often wears a hoodie and an ordinary dry land iPod, and both stay dry. That impresses me far more than a double inverted inside-the-boom no-handed naked monkey barrel flop with the back foot out of the strap.
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
That impresses me far more than a double inverted inside-the-boom no-handed naked monkey barrel flop with the back foot out of the strap.

That move is not listed on the Continent 7 website.......yet.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I need to video myself doing it, then.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: