myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The play for 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 242, 243, 244  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe, the theatrics and negativity aside about late term abortions, let's just be honest. You don't support an abortion at 4-6 weeks. You're flat against a woman's right to terminate a pregnancy at any time, and you don't believe that the Roe versus Wade decision should be sustained in America. Given your deep religious faith, I'm willing to bet that you're against contraceptives too. In your world, women shouldn't have reproductive freedoms. The church tells us what women can and can't do, right?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW

Carly's new video is a "mash up". Dubbed over sounds on different video. The "fetus" was not, necessarily, aborted. the list goes on. Fiorina is digging a deeper hole.

Isobars

I discussed this with a lawyer who is very familiar with Obama's abortion argument. You really should do a little more in depth research into the legal discussion that occurred during this debate. Read the WHOLE argument. Not a right wing edit.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yet you wonder why readers consider you a liberal.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, by not being a sheep and believing in a right wing selective edit of Obama's legal argument over a decade ago...And, by not trusting Fiorina's campaign propaganda and looking it up mysel; I am a liberal? I guess you win. There may be no place in the GOP for me. Happy now?
mogunn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB, why bother encouraging a narcissist?
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:55 pm    Post subject: w Reply with quote

The fruitcakes who produced the Planned Parenthood attack videos are in court for their illegal and dishonest activities. They seem to have lost every motion. But the grandchildren of Goldwater will continue to believe that extremism and dishonesty in the service of controlling women's sexuality is no vice.

Mrgybe gets his nappies in a twist over late term abortions. Yet he doesn't seem to care about the deaths due to power plant emissions--13,000 last year. Down from 24,000--because of regulation by, gasp, EPA. Mrgybe has argued against regulation of emissions, and the GOP is unanimous in opposing current regulations that would save more lives.

Then there is the Middle East, where mrgybe argues for yet more military intervention and scoffs at Obama's efforts at diplomacy. Another conservative with a man crush on Putin? The toll? Between 224,000 and 500,000 dead in Iraq, 220,000 killed in Syria and more than 7 million displaced. Of course that is also Obama's fault--because Bush disbanded the Iraq army. Obama should have prevented that while he was a junior Senator, eh?

The there is GOP opposition to the Childrens Health Insurance Program. It doesn't matter if it saves children's lives--it spends other people's money.
The list goes on. Modern hypocrisy.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mac

I watched GOP Governor decimate funding for the developmentally disabled. A gov who was "prolife". I guess "prolife" but maybe not "proliving".

The Conservative in me says we need to cut power plant (and VW) emissions, encourage conservation and provide health care to kids. All payoff in the long term. Not sure AuH2o would object.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CB--As they say, for a conservative, life begins at conception--and help stops at birth. At that point they need to grab their bootstraps and lift.

The nonsense about viability and late term abortions is particularly galling to me. I have two grandchildren who were born at about 30-32 weeks. I could hold one in each hand. I know how tenuous their grip on life was, and the medical issues--all too well. The argument about viability--or anything else--at 20 weeks is absurd.

The only good thing about the small size of the GOP tent is that it limits their electoral chances. But then, they want amateurs, and scorn counting votes...
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all you liberals can take a moment away from nodding in sanctimonious agreement, and blaming everything that is wrong in the world on conservatives, please answer this simple question. Do you support terminating the life of a 6 month old, living, breathing baby, that has been delivered following a failed abortion?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 131, 132, 133 ... 242, 243, 244  Next
Page 132 of 244

Jump to: