myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Spring Break sailing spots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crashpile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Spring Break sailing spots Reply with quote

I wonder about where to sail on Spring Break. I have sailed at Worldwinds in Texas and really like it when the weather is good. When the weather is lousy there, there is nothing to do. Unfortunately, the weather there has been dicey a lot the past few years. I am curious about Mexico or even North Carolina's Outer Banks and Cape Hatteras. Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
combs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crashpile- I have done both sites for Spring Break. Hatteras for 7 years when I lived in the Midwest and Bird Island the last 3 since I moved to the Gorge.

Both have their pluses and minuses.

Bird Island plus is definitely World Winds. Nothing like that type of setup or people to rent gear from in the Outer Banks. For Hatteras you will end up renting stuff and having to drive to a sailing spot and then end up with multiple trips swapping gear every day (ala Maui).

But Hatteras has the advantage for scenic beauty and downtime activities.

PS- We are NOT going to Bird Island this year after being skunked the last 2 years and Super el Nino in the forecast. I don't believe el Nino has as much of an effect on North Carolina.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: