myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
New board?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sailboarder

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go with 130+. The 120 is a bit close to your uphaul limit and will be harder to schlog. The Techno 133 is really a good bet for you I think. Reviewers say it's not the earliest planer at that volume, but it will not be your biggest board anyway. And they say it's well behaved and controlled in more wind which is what you are looking for. The Nanos from Exocet also offer very good value.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP

YOU are following suggestions.you may be able to purchase a nose guard for specific boards, otherwise it's fabricate one. I don't like these, cause they hide what could have occurred under it.

The mast pad may help, it's normally the mast that impacts the nose, cheap insurance, do get in the way some on tacks.

The Nano mentioned AFAIK is a heavier duty top than most.

I would lean towards the Tabou Rocket STANDARD CONSTRUCTION. NO LIGHTWEIGHT.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most hard plastic nose protectors transfer the impact to the board. I use pads from NSI and shape my own.. The dual pad is super soft. So far so good....
NOVAAN

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At your level you will not know if a board turns good or not. I spend most Aprils at South padre Island. When the wind backs off a bit, out come the Techno's. Its amazing how many high level windsurfer hang on to these boards. They seem to turn them just fine. Each board requires small differences in turning technique . A wave board turns different than a race board. That doesn't mean that race boards don't turn well. Just different. The 133 might be a great step down in size to challenge you to progress. And if you can find one for sale, it should be darn cheap. The non skid on Bic boards wasn't the best. You can redo it or just wear water shoes...I don't know to much about the Exocet Nano. It might be a way to go. I do know a bunch about the Tabou line of boards. Ask anyone that has a Rocket. You will pretty much only get positive input. They use to make 3 constructions. LTD, Standard, and GT. The Standard is the way for you to go for a bunch of reasons. The Gt. is a very heavy board designed for schools. LTD is super lite but to fragile for a new guy.. Now they only make the LTD and the CED. Go for the CED.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: