myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Exocet Wind SUP Saves the Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gk3540

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. It's on my wish list.
ittiandro

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gk3540 wrote:
My experiences with the Exocet 11'8 are extremely good. .

How long did you have it? I was about to make an offer for a 2nd hand Exocet Windsup ( $ 1000 CDN) when I read Boardsurfer’s post lamenting the breach of his board. I got somewhat scared. The price seems good, though. I am in a quandary. Perhaps it is an isolated accident. How long did you have yours? Maybe I should take a chance, but I’d like to know other people's comments about the durability of the board ( or ‘’lack thereof!). I seem to recall having read about this problem somewhere else, but may be fear is distorting my memory.
Thanks for the input

Ittiandro
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here we go again with the cracking in half 11'8". Mine broke in half, but I did get Exocet to refund my money but not until I applied a bit of pressure.
This seemed to be a problem around 2012, I haven't heard of many if any at all problems since.
I had mine put back together but then it broke in half again apparently due to an inadequate repair job, first they put a belly band around it then the second time a different person put a diamond shaped repair patch which has worked well so far.
I love this board, I feel it is about the most versatile board out there, the footstraps and flat tail make all the difference. Paddling it in the waves, not so good but it's a much better flat water paddler than a typical surfing type sup.
I don't use the daggerboard mainly because I kept stubbing my toes on it, I sink the windward rail to go upwind which seems to work well.
Windnc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:05 am    Post subject: Exocet Wind-SUP Reply with quote

Ittiandro,

I have had my 11'8" Exocet Wind-SUP since 2013. I have since sailed it many times on the ocean, through the surf and rode countless waves and swells with it. Using the daggerboard to first sail high upwind quickly then retract it and blast back on a deep broad reach, powered up planing downwinder while surfing outside swells and inside waves all the way back, then repeat; is one of my favorite things to do on the Wind-SUP! For beginning wave sailors the boards shape, volume and stability make it so much easier and less stressful getting out over the surf. Plus thanks to these attributes it can easily be uphauled in light wind, rock and roll ocean swells and surf conditions. Once outside the Exocet duck tail design allows the board to turn and maneuver more easily as well.

Throughout all this the board has suffered no damage beyond a few paint scrapes. As we all know though any large board like this is more vulnerable to damage etc. when surf sailing however, if mine were to ever break I would do whatever it takes to get it sailing again.

As Beaglebuddy said it is probably the most versatile board available. I too love this board! Not only do I sail it on the ocean, I have used it many times for fun flatwater sailing and SUP paddling as well on the ocean, the sounds and flatwater lakes. I have also had great success teaching both SUP paddling and basic windsurfing to friends with my Wind-SUP. Its ease in paddling, stability and volume make it just about perfect for this.

Chuck
North Carolina
HatterasFever

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dudes.. what are you doing in the waves with such a big board? guaranteed to pearl and break.. especially in shallow water. use a 9 foot sup or less in the waves. a 10 or 11 foot board might work ok in 1 foot long period waves..thats about it..otherwise you are asking for it. if you really want to wave sail with a sup you'll need a short sup. sea lion 7'6" or jp 8' 10" surf sup has been working good for me.

sealion keith awt.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  263.52 KB
 Viewed:  10830 Time(s)

sealion keith awt.jpg

jpeter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got more quality wave sailing and paddling days on my Sealion than I ever imagined I would. Score card this year is something like Sealion37 windsurf14. It's made me a lot more stoked about windsurfing.

Then this fall we get a treat of real wind for the icing on the cake.

Bring on the next storm !

JP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: