myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Religion of peace and guns
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pointster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Another 'awkward' letter in one of our National Daily Papers today.

Quote; - ' Double Standards.'

' Sixteen Muslim countries have blanket bans on Jews being allowed into their lands. And this isn't for any security reason, no matter how implausible or ridiculous Trumps proposition was, but simply a matter of racial bigotry.

There is rightful outrage here in the U.K. when Trump behaves in this way in America against Muslims. But where is the public indignation or the petitions, the political intervention, the calls for sanctions - when it's Jews who are banned?'

Yes, I wonder about double standards also. I would like to hear why 'moderate' Muslims' do not speak out! Their silence is really not acceptable!

There is no double standard. I don't believe in religious exclusions such as practiced in those other countries, and I don't want them applied in the United States. As a citizen of this democratic republic, it is my duty to act here, where i have a vote, to try to keep the my country on the right course.

As to
Quote:
Moderate Muslims
speaking out, they do, but they don't seem to gain much traction in the global media.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the contrary Pointster (speaking out, they do, but they don't seem to gain much traction in the global media) the press over here frequently features articles by outspoken integrated Muslims. But such people are very few in number. (One such is standing for election as Mayor of London, and states things as they are).

We have a problem with some Muslim communities which run a form of 'closed shop' where they won't even speak out to the police when they have to investigate crimes committed by their fellow Muslims. (Remember the Rochdale Pakistani white girl sex slave racket .)

Rightly or wrongly, many over here see the term 'moderate' Muslim as very flexible indeed in protecting their own.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If one was to readily accept the findings outlined in the Israel Video Network's video, there is no way to escape those who believe and follow Islam. When you talk about hundreds of millions of folks that adamantly believe in the medieval practices inherent in Sharia Law, and the numbers are ever growing, how are folks going to protect themselves? They can't, particularly with hundreds of thousands of radical terrorists infiltrating the world unleashing wanton disaster and destruction almost everywhere. No doubt, a doomsday scenario of epic proportions.

So what's to be done? Even if hardcore intelligence and due diligence by governmental authorities can thwart 90% of the destructive terror attempts, how can we prevent the 10% that couldn't be stopped? What are you going to do to be 100% sure that we're safe from religious radicals? Do you start wiping out all Muslim fundamentalists? How do you win against a religion where up to a third of them don't see eye to eye with western values and beliefs? Who are the good Muslims and who are the bad Muslims? Even if you can discern who the bad ones are, what do you do with them?

Say that we implement the ban on Muslims entering the country like Donald Trump has proposed, what do you do with the vast numbers of Muslims already in the US? What can you do to keep the growth of converts to Islam down in this country?

I'll ask some different questions. What do you do with Americans that are over-the-top against Muslims and fear for the worst? How far will these folks go, and what will they do to protect themselves against perceived threats? What's necessary to keep America free and safe at the same time?
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pointster wrote:
I don't believe in religious exclusions such as practiced in those other countries, and I don't want them applied in the United States. As a citizen of this democratic republic, it is my duty to act here, where i have a vote, to try to keep the my country on the right course.

It's about religion only in the eyes of people who want to make everything about religion. In reality it's about behavior, which in the case of radical Islamic terrorism includes flying airliners into skyscrapers, setting fire to young girls' schools then machine gunning them when they run out of the burning building, strapping explosive vests onto their wives and children to blow up pizza parlors, beheading journalists and even fellow Muslims who don't agree with the above, and SO much more "caught on tape", as they say.

What group does that? Phuctup Muslims. Not Christians, Jews, Mormons, Buddhists, atheists, Hare Krishnas, ordinary sane Muslims, Green Bay Packer fans, left-handed gays, Costco shoppers, kiters, cat owners, etc.? No.

Phuctup radical Muslim terrorists.

But just because it might offend some Muslims and liberals (usually the very same liberals whose stock in trade is libelous personal attacks on anyone and everyone they disagree with), it's not fair to profile for closer inspection the smallest identifiable group that comprises 99.9% of the world's terrorists at least until we figure out a way to separate the animals from the humans?

Not ONE liberal here would refuse to profile, defile, or even shoot a Muslim or honkey or Baptist or pizza delivery guy boiling his spouse in battery acid in front of their kids, so don't pretend your principles don't have a price. What's your price? 5 dead people? 14? 140? 3,000? A stadium full? An EMP burst over Kansas?

Mine's my dog. Shoot at my dog and I will do whatever it takes to stop you. Even shooting back is not only moral but it's LEGAL in most states. Anyone who must have thousands of his closest neighbors DIE before he's willing to offend and inconvenience someone who resembles 50,000 rabid animals is sick, IMO.

Keep it up, libs, and you'll put Trump in the White House.
mountainbear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And is this the type of Government experts that we have protecting our safety? https://www.facebook.com/askrocco/videos/10153756162167716/?theater
J64TWB

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Facts on American Muslim population.

They are a minuscule portion of the U.S. population
It's difficult to come by hard numbers because the U.S. Census doesn't collect religious data. But the fear of Muslims taking over and imposing Sharia law is unfounded. By some estimates, Muslims make up less than 1% of the U.S. adult population. By 2050, their numbers will grow -- to 2.1%. Of all the Muslims in America, 63% are exactly the kind Trump wants banned -- immigrants.

They're better educated than most Americans
U.S. Muslims have the second-highest level of education among major religious groups in the country; Jews have the highest. And a greater proportion of them have college degrees than the general U.S. population.

They have more gender equality
While in many parts of the Muslim world, women are confined to second-class status, that's not the case among American Muslims. Virtually all of them, 90%, agree that women should be able to work outside the home. American Muslim women hold more college or postgraduate degrees than Muslim men. And they are more likely to work in professional fields than women from most other U.S. religious groups.

They've been here since the birth of the nation ...
Scholars estimate about a quarter to a third of the Africans brought to the United States as slaves were Muslims. Most were then forced to convert to Christianity.

... and they're not just clustered in big cities
American Muslims live in cities big and small all across the United States. The first mosque built in America was in, of all places, Ross, North Dakota, back in 1929.

They're as religious as Christians ...
The general perception of Muslims has one thing right: Most Muslims are very religious. About half say they attend the weekly Friday prayers. But that makes them similar to Christians: About 70% of Christians say religion is important in their lives, and about 45% go to a weekly service.

... but they're not as dogmatic as they are portrayed
Much has been made about fundamentalist Muslims and their strict interpretation of the Quran. But most American Muslims are different. A Pew religious landscape survey found that 57% of American Muslims say there is more than one way to interpret Islam's teachings. A similar number say many different religions can lead to eternal life.

There have been Muslims involved in terrorism ...
From September 11, 2001, until the end of 2014, 109 Muslim-Americans plotted against targets in the United States. And terrorism by Muslim-Americans killed 50 in the same time period. Contrast that with the deaths from other mass shootings just last year: 136 -- more than twice as many as all the deaths from 13 years of Muslim-American terrorism.

... but they've also spoken out against it
After every terrorist attack at home and abroad, the refrain rises, "Where is the Muslim condemnation?" American Muslims have spoken out -- and done much more. A Duke University study found more terrorism suspects and perpetrators were brought to the attention of law enforcement by members of the Muslim-American community than were discovered through U.S. government investigations. And a Pew survey found that roughly half of U.S. Muslims say their religious leaders aren't speaking out enough against Islamic extremism.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mountainbear,

In the latest video link you posted, it's pretty clear to me why Republicans might be having a hard time getting anything done. If they wanted answers to specific questions, I would have thought they would have provided the Department of Homeland Security with a detailed list of questions identifying the various topics and issues they wanted answers to before the committee meeting. That makes perfect sense to me. Wouldn't you agree? I think that a productive meeting is founded on everyone being prepared to discuss and cover the topic at hand.

Seems to me, the Republicans aren't that organized. Often, they're simply fishing, and clearly wasting our taxpayer dollars. I have to say, leaving those that have been summoned in the dark about what they're being questioned about is inappropriate, and then trying to make sophomoric points grandstanding like they did is an extremely poor show. Tea Party amateurs at work.
mountainbear

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am sorry, I didn't realized that she probably got an overnight call to show up before the Congress and talk about issues that have nothing to do with her expertise... Rolling Eyes
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She learned from The Master's Benghazi and email performances.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, if she had been fully informed about the questioning and the full extent of the details needed, I would think that the House Republicans heading that committee would have had a sound bearing for hard criticism. But, as most thoughtful folks realize, they weren't that smart or organized.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 40 of 45

Jump to: