myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wyatt and Tysons La Ventana, Baja Report 2015/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't really read the caption so here it is haha

rob.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  168.85 KB
 Viewed:  5799 Time(s)

rob.jpg

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are on a solid roll now. I think it has been windy almost every day in Jan. Our crew of fun Texans who left today sailed powered up 7/7 days and I think I was on the 4.8 for 4 days prior to their arrival. Yesterday there was head high surf in front of Mushrooms break with 20 people out on SUPs and Tyson was short board surfing it. Then in the afternoon the whole Pro-Windsurf La Ventana sailed up to The Generals to play in the surf. Super fun day.

Looks like wind today then finally a light day tomorrow before the next El Norte wind brings swell and good times Tuesday -Friday. Here we go again!

PWLV WYATT PONCH.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  426.07 KB
 Viewed:  5683 Time(s)

PWLV WYATT PONCH.jpg

PWLV PASKOW.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  438.89 KB

PWLV PASKOW.jpg

PWLV FUN IN SURF.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  633.8 KB

PWLV FUN IN SURF.jpg

PWLV CREW GENERALS.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  477.42 KB

PWLV CREW GENERALS.jpg

wyattmiller

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So completely exhausted. I can't take any more.

This week has been all time!! Started off on Monday with one of the best forecasts I have seen at Punta Marquez over on the Pacific 1.5 hrs from LV. Headed over there in the afternoon and was lit on my 4.8 in overhead waves. Its a little bit side onshore, but you pinch up towards the rock point and get 4-6 bottom turns as you head towards miles of nice sandy beach. It was just me and a couple kiters playing out there for hours. Ive sailed it a bunch when we were planing on the outside, but on Monday you could come screaming in 10 feet from the beach, carve a jibe and get massive back loops on the way out. Too much fun.

Then Tuesday was the slightly cloudy start to the Norte. I have to admit I took the day off waiting for Big Wednesday.

Big Wednesday delivered with head high waves up at the Generals and massive logo to mast high rolling swell on the outside. I was completely overpowered on my 4.4 and my 78L wave board. I totally should have been on 4.0 but figured i should leave it for our guests. Must have sailed 5 hours.

Then Thursday the swell dropped a bit, but I was again out of my mind lit on my 4.4. and 78L. It was crazy windy from around 9AM.

Then Yesterday, Friday the swell was back up and I got a morning session on the 4.4 and 78 and then the clouds came in and I had to grab the freestyle board and 4.8. The pushing tide in the afternoon brought the swell back up to near Big Wednesday height and I spent the whole afternoon at The Generals tossing back loops. Finally I just had to tell myself repeatedly that I could not do this anymore, and eventually I listened to myself and sailed back home.

It was all I could do to make a grilled cheese and crawl into bed at 6:00 PM

Carnival in La Paz, which is awesome, started on Thursday. Its going to be rocking windy until Tuesday at least, which is the last day of Carnival so I am gonna have to take a day off sometime to go join in the revelry.

Life is rough down here.

shaka copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  362.32 KB
 Viewed:  5528 Time(s)

shaka copy.jpg

going up copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  488.74 KB

going up copy.jpg

backloop copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  371.24 KB

backloop copy.jpg

back2 copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  258.77 KB

back2 copy.jpg

flooded gear sheds copy.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  369.6 KB

flooded gear sheds copy.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: