myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Bardwell

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windsurf50

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 7:07 am    Post subject: Bardwell Reply with quote

I think your post regarding jerks was quite interesting.

I have been windsurfing for 13 years. Practically every day from October-July then only on weekends for storms in August- Septemer , (modest to some,, rookie to others,) and have one of those remarkably lovely jobs, and family that accomodate my insane addiction. I have traveled the continents far and wide, and it is the same story wherever you go. Typical tight butt group of folks in every crowd. I am mild mannered, and, although not the most gracefull in all conditions, I still seek out sailing in the gnarliest seas and enjoy the interaction with talented sailors, and always observe to learn more. I ignore the whiners, and then when they get too close, I get out the baseball bat.
I think it is necessary sometimes. You should get one.

I have rescued my fair share of sailors, and swimmers across the US for that matter over the years. I even let one guy drown, because I observed he had an attitude for quite sometime. I suggest you do the same too. Just observe, and when the jerk gets nasty, rememer THAT when his/her shit breaks down in 20 ft swell. Screw em. Help be a catalyst for Social Windsurf Darwinism.

You have no obligation to the rest of the people around you windsurfing, unless it comes to compromising their safety because of your direct negligent interaction on the water.

I appreciate the fact that you enjoy this wonderfull sport for more than the water, board, sail aspect. I do too. So do others. Dont waste your time on the freaks. Just become the guy who wouldnt piss on them if they were on fire, or jump start their car because in their zeal to get the first wave they left the car key on.

I am finally heading back home to California after a 13 year absence.

Ironically never sailed there, but based on the attitudes going back and forth on this board.

A. Most are jerks
B. Most are whiners
C. Most are lost souls, and windsurfing isnt giving them what the dealer promised.

I will always be on the look-out to meet the next victim of an accidental drowning
. heck I didnt hear them scream officer my ears were plugged.

To all the folks that enjoy sailing for the friendship, waves, speed, and solitude it brings. I salute you.

For the whiners, and those that are holier than thou......well... may your sailing sessions be filled with lack of parking, being skunked, dead batteries, cholera, broken masts, torn sails, flat tires, sea urchins and forgotten gear,lost keys, broken windows, and a more than occasional lung full of water.
realkitty

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2000 10:39 am    Post subject: RE: Bardwell Reply with quote

Social Windsurfing Darwinism: That has a nice ring to it! Yes, those hipper-than-thou people should be left to their own devices when having problems. Not so sure about letting them die though, Id have some problems sleeping at night if I knowingly let someone drown that I could have rescued (Ive also rescued many people over the years, including 2 kiteboarders in the last 6 months).
Being an asshole is usually just a cover up for deep insecurity and an unhappy life (even if it looks good, with the Suburban) - pity them and it will piss them off more than anything else you can do. Otherwise, ignore them and enjoy the 95% of the good folks!
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2000 12:27 am    Post subject: RE: Bardwell Reply with quote

What???????? only 95% ???
I think we have more than that living in california!
Windyday

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 11:28 pm    Post subject: RE: Bardwell Reply with quote

So you let a man die because youGOD ALL MIGHTY mister I dont cry. I hope one day comes and it will,that you need some help and some fat head like your self sits back and does the same. A real man help all no matter how big of a jerk he is. You sir are a sorry mother f***** you know it I know it and Mother Earth will pay you back .Please E-mail me at pipetyson@hotmail.com and ill give you my number so I can talk to a real windsurfer that knows it all. You sorry soul... I hope to hear from you Id like to kick you in your teeth
Windyday

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2000 11:44 pm    Post subject: RE: Bardwell Reply with quote

You let a man die because you though he was a jerk.Ok GOD OH MIGHTY in some way your pay back will be double.A real man helps all no matter what they do or say. You need to pop that fat head of yours,man you are one sorry mother fu***r and you dont even know it.I do feel sorry for you because I hate to see the carma mother earth is going to give you. e-mail me at pipetyson@hot mail.com id like to talk to a real sailer like your self.Oh remeber all kingdom fall its just a matter of time.I hope your kids see the real side of you before its to late .
!!!!P.S. Id like to kick you in your teeth!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: