myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to Isabel around 2...found several plucky souls on 4.5s zipping about. Got my 4.6 almost rigged when of course it began to drop. Put on my 5.6 and had a blast on my 95L Came in when it started to drop, satisfied. The new meter position seems right on. Woof!
ctuna

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: San Luis 5.3 all afternoon Reply with quote

San Luis 5.3 all afternoon
A little gusty and up and down but planing most of
the time.
Air Temperature went from fairly warm to cold and the
water is cold.
bert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:48 pm    Post subject: Da Stick on Tuesday Reply with quote

Due to the low tide and flood it was going to be either Oyster Pt. or Candlestick for me today. I picked the Stick as I've not sailed there yet this year. Plenty of wind at 1 pm so I went 85L/4.2. Typical Candlestick..ride the gusts and bobble in the lulls. After awhile you get it dialed in so that you're planing most of the time. Finished at 2:30 to avoid the commute. 5 sailors launching as I was leaving. Should be more wind this week.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tuesday Berkeley. Drag race action on a 5.6 Chilly fun!
stcyp66

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: GG to myself on Tuesday Reply with quote

I was lucky to catch the ebb to flood switch early afternoon at Crissy. Went out on Freestyle board 100L and made it right up to the piers at south tower where the leftover Ebb was throwing some decent size ramps + mad gusts for my 5.3.

Between the towers, the rest of the Bay was that butter flat water with solid 23-25mph and mad speed. I would tell you this is Freestyle heaven right in the middle of the bay. But it is not the place to try new moves and risk injury.

The conditions remained good for solid 90 mn before the flood fully took over. It became perfect spot for foiling. One guy on windsurf foil was out and it looked perfect. Definitely one of Windsurfing future paths.

Looks like a repeat today with more SW. Come enjoy the scenery!
tomg

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought it would be scary windy at TI today. Scary yes, but instead due to the cratering wind and strong flood tide. On a 95l / 5.3. & A 6.3 would have worked fine.

couple of formula guys from Berkeley came by as it really started dropping. They had the right idea, what with the foils and gigantic sails.

Got back in without swimming, summoning a passing yacht, so can't complain.

Tom
dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:26 am    Post subject: Stick Apr 13 Reply with quote

The wind is blowing when I arrive at 2:10 but by the time I rig the 5.0 it has already dropped. Rig 6.5, take the Patrik and I have a nice hour long session powered up. Patrik is beautifully stable at speed: time to bring the HSM GPS and really push it! Very Happy

Only Bob out with the Exocet and another guy with an underpowered freestyle. But a bunch of pals on the beach making for a nice chat after sailing. Very Happy
bert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Oyster on Thursday Reply with quote

5.5/110L for a couple of hrs. past noontime at Oyster. Stop and go sailing in the beginning that got better after 1:30. Always good wind at Flying Tigers. The new short wide boards work best here as it may be necessary to uphaul at Genentech Point and so you need some flotation. They're also tack friendly, which makes getting back to Oyster easier at the end of your session. Attempted to go to Sierra Pt. but a huge wind shadow past the pier stopped me dead in my tracks.
Jorionw96

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic day at Sherman. Huge swell with ebb and river flow combo. Sailed solo on 4.7 and 93 @ 215#s. (20# winter damnit!) Just couldn't believe no one was there. It's was awsome but sure would have enjoyed having some company.
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Stick Apr 14 Reply with quote

Nicely powered up with 5.0 and RRD 85. Then getting to overpowered I go back to the beach. Everybody is changing sails so disregarding my inner voice (don't change sail!) I rig down to 4.3 ... and by the time I hit the water again the wind promptly dies. Oh well, I had a good 45' ... time to go home.

Many people out, 4.2-5.0, in the the rather cold day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 122, 123, 124 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 123 of 329

Jump to: