myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obamacare in a nutshell
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
You see the danger of using silly, sweeping generalizations picked up from left wing media? Just as Carson is not "clueless", none of the candidates I listed are "nut-jobs" no matter how hard you try to rationalize your vote for Hillary.

I disagree. I would say Santorum, Fiorina, and Huckabee are certainly Nut Jobs.
Yesterday The Donald said Obama is pressuring Yellen not to raise rates.....complete BS... Nut Job statement.

Boggs, I'm hoping he was speaking towards the political pressure that Yellen feels from the left. I doubt that Trump believes that Obama's red phone is connected to the Fed. I'm sure however that Yellen implicitly feels the Bern.....from all Democrats during this election cycle..And Trump understands that she is a lefty. What will you say in January after Trump has been elected, and Yellen raises rates?

CRASH?
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In North Carolina, the ACA is going down the crapper.

Quote:
UnitedHealth is the second insurer to recently decide not to participate in North Carolina’s ACA market. Last fall Humana withdrew its proposal to offer individual coverage through the federal exchange in four counties, and the company never sold ACA coverage here.

The state’s biggest insurer, Blue Cross and Blue Shield, has also said it’s weighing whether to stop selling ACA policies here. Blue Cross, which sells coverage through the federal exchange in all 100 North Carolina counties, has lost about $1 billion on ACA plans in the past two years, but the losses were reduced to $405 million after compensation from federally-created assistance programs.

The state currently has three ACA insurers: Blue Cross, UnitedHealth and Coventry Health Care of the Carolinas, which is owned by Aetna. If Blue Cross bows out of the market, many in North Carolina would lose access to federally subsidized health insurance, as Coventry operates in just 39 counties in the state.

North Carolina stands out for one of the nation’s highest ACA enrollments, exceeding 600,000 people, but is also emerging as one of the nation’s most precarious ACA markets, with high rates of subsidization and cost overruns. N.C. Insurance Commissioner Wayne Goodwin, a Democrat up for reelection this fall who approved an average 32.5 percent rate increase for Blue Cross this year, has expressed concern that the market is unsustainable and will drive out all remaining insurers from the state.

Read more here: http://www.newsobserver.com/news/business/article72657377.html#storylink=cpy
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It went bankrupt in a majority of state exchanges a year ago, and isn't getting any better. The math just doesn't work when a system combines insurance (protection based on actuarial statistics) with unearned welfare (protection against certain events. i.e., preexisting conditions) and compounds that fatal flaw with mandated non-competition across state lines.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Blue Cross, which sells coverage through the federal exchange in all 100 North Carolina counties, has lost about $1 billion on ACA plans in the past two years, but the losses were reduced to $405 million after compensation from federally-created assistance programs.

The Risk Corridors, which compensated insurance companies for losses, have largely been throttled. With that protection gone, expect more of this as insurance companies finally realize what was obvious to many of us at the outset........the Obamacare business model is unsustainable.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mrgybe wrote:
You see the danger of using silly, sweeping generalizations picked up from left wing media? Just as Carson is not "clueless", none of the candidates I listed are "nut-jobs" no matter how hard you try to rationalize your vote for Hillary.

Yesterday The Donald said Obama is pressuring Yellen not to raise rates.....complete BS... Nut Job statement.

Boggs, I'm hoping he was speaking towards the political pressure that Yellen feels from the left. I doubt that Trump believes that Obama's red phone is connected to the Fed. I'm sure however that Yellen implicitly feels the Bern.....from all Democrats during this election cycle..And Trump understands that she is a lefty. What will you say in January after Trump has been elected, and Yellen raises rates?

CRASH?

If Trump is elected, yes, CRASH. Tariffs, closed borders, end of free trade....
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UnitedHealth, the biggest ACA insurer, is dropping Obamacare as just too big a money loser across the board.

BTW ... the White House -- yes, the one who ran on transparency -- directed the FCC to conceal rampant Obamaphone fraud until after the program garnered more congressional financing (source: The FCC Chairman). (Didja know that ANYONE can get an Obamaphone? Reporters got several just by saying "Yes" when approached by party apparatchiks pushing them on the streets.)

The more I see of this $#!+ the more comfortable I feel with Trump.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mrgybe wrote:

CRASH?

That's my point Boggs, Yellen will raise rates. Trump is too smart to start an all out trade war. Maybe he'll just start with Mexico. China might get the picture and start playing fair.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
mrgybe wrote:

CRASH?

That's my point Boggs, Yellen will raise rates. Trump is too smart to start an all out trade war. Maybe he'll just start with Mexico. China might get the picture and start playing fair.

Maybe we should have covered this after the 35-45 session last week!!!!
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares....MalibuGuru: what do you think of the PSC forecast for next week? I need an expert opinion. You should come on down, and we can plan a diabolical plot against that dingbat in LV.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Ready for Huge Obamacare Premium Hikes in 2017
By Eric Pianin
April 21, 2016

Amid rising drug and health care costs and roiling market dynamics, the spokesperson for the nation’s health insurers is predicting substantial increases next year in Obamacare premiums and related costs.

Without venturing a specific percentage increase, Marilyn Tavenner, the president and CEO of America’s Health Insurance Plans (AHIP), said in an interview with Morning Consult that the culmination of market shifts and rising health care costs will force stark increases in health insurance rates in the coming year.

“I’ve been asked, what are the premiums going to look like?” she said. “I don’t know because it also varies by state, market, even within markets. But I think the overall trend is going to be higher than we saw previous years. That’s my big prediction.”

If Tavenner is right, Obamacare will jump dramatically—last year’s premium for the popular silver-level plan surged 11 percent on average. Although Tavenner didn’t mention deductibles, in 2016, some states saw jumps of 76 percent, while the average deductible for a 27-year-old male on a silver plan was 8 percent.

For the rest~
http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/04/21/Get-Ready-Huge-Obamacare-Premium-Hikes-2017
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This was all predicted, and believed by everybody but the blind faithful on the left. Here is one of many reasons that nobody voted for this on the Republican side.
What an expensive joke on this country, and this isn't going to help Hillary's run.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 41 of 62

Jump to: