myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
All I want to do is windsurf now... But responsibility!!??
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
btbill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! i know the feeling, right now wind and surf is up just a few min from my house. Work... well I am one of those "go to" guys and always on call (already missed the extended lunch break window). Family..., t-ball game tonight so cannot miss that.

Perhaps tomorrow?! Saving grace for me is I have a Sealion on the board rack for when I do have a moment to get wet no matter what the wind is doing and there is a little bit of surf out there. Very Happy

UPDATE: I actually found a window this afternoon and caught about 30 min on the water equating to about 10 waves and some nice fun turns and hits including a few strapless floats! Following, made the t-ball game on-time with no qualms from the better half.

The Sealion is the perfect "Dad's time" ride! Very Happy

bb
HatterasFever

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

book a house on the sound side in hatteras in June.. bring the whole family.. it will be warm windy and sunny. get windsurf lessons for the family (don't teach them yourself), martine at ocean air sports in avon is really good with the kid lessons and teaching women. get them all hooked on hatteras and windsurfing thru osmosis, not because you want to go..they will be begging you to come back at the end of the vacation...

DSC08239.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  166.03 KB
 Viewed:  6093 Time(s)

DSC08239.JPG

isobars

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DelCarpenter wrote:
I always practiced getting back home when I said I would. That helped my wife deal with my absence. If I was going to be late by even 5 minutes I called to let her know.

When I lived in NM, I usually got back home from the Gorge within a month of my target date. Not kidding.
Now that it's 1,230 miles closer, I usually get back within a day or three of my target date ... depending on the wind.

I suspect she "deals with" my road trips by doing back flips. Her work time, hobbies, cooking, and schedules are infinitely freer when I'm gone, so she loves it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: