myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
more government handouts to right wing corporations

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: more government handouts to right wing corporations Reply with quote

this thread is about government handouts to the rich.

even in the area of helping governments out foreign aid is not even counted in the military budget but should be. Here we are giving to Israel aid money that is for right wing defence contractors... These defense contractors are all run by american hating right wingers. Should companies that hate americans be allowed to take taxpayer money? which they use for lobbying, electing and paying off elected officials?

http://www.i24news.tv/en/news/israel/diplomacy-defense/111448-160429-netanyahu-obama-spat-could-scupper-record-us-aid-deal-to-israel

Rift between leaders could impede largest military aid package offered to any country in US history

Quote:
The United States said earlier this week that it was preparing to offer Israel the largest military aid package offered to any country in US history, however President Barack Obama and Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu remain deeply at odds over a figure for the assistance despite months of negotiations.

Among the military equipment Israel seeks from the US deal are the F-35 fighter, a squadron of F-15's to be customized with Israeli systems, and the V-22 Osprey tilt rotor aircraft, capable of reaching Iran. The deal will also see an increase in the capabilities of the "Iron Dome," "David's Sling," and "Arrow 3," short, medium, and long range anti-ballistic missile systems.

techno900

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

baja said:
Quote:
Here we are giving to Israel aid money that is for right wing defence contractors... These defense contractors are all run by american hating right wingers. Should companies that hate americans be allowed to take taxpayer money?

Your point seems to be that the US government shouldn't deal with ANY defense contractors since they are ALL right wing American haters? That makes a lot of sense????

From the story:

Quote:
Eighty three of the 100 US senators signed a letter Monday calling for Obama to quickly reach an agreement on a new defense aid package for Israel worth more than the current deal of $3 billion per year, Reuters reported.

It seems that a bipartisan effort lead by Obama may make it happen. Maybe some liberals should get into the defense contracting business.
real-human

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems you missed the point. One there should be equal pay to contractors, should be representative of the us. So 50% should be liberals, and it should not be allowed for right wingers to hire only right wingers.. And not allowed for workers to have us taxpayer money that hate americans to such a high degree.

I have friends where their voting age kids were told to vote right wing because their father was a technician for a defence contractor. Basically making 2-3 times what he would make on the open market.

I also know they make 2-3 times because when I was VP of a tech company their resumes would pass by my desk and basically with their experience they would have to take a job at half as much as a minimum. One that I interviewed but did not hire later became a personal friend. After knowing him for a period of time, he told me he had been a liberal before getting hired by a defence contractor but he quickly changed because you are not liked if you are a liberal in these companies. I did hire one engineer from a defense contractor at a huge decrease in salary, and that was the biggest mistake I ever made, he was so incompetent it was disturbing.

Similar to a college buddy of mine that became a officer, he said in the military if you are outed as a liberal that is the end of promotions for ya. He is one of biggest haters of liberals I have ever met. At least he was always honest with me is the only honorable thing I saw to his hate of americans that were not right wing. And boy does he talk the right wing hate lines in public now. He is retired.

Next... Right wingers are always claiming they are the so called victims in so many areas it is unreal. Just as in government handouts, the largest handouts there are are to defence contractors. And these so called handouts are even in the form of mandatory purchase of right wing weapons in the name of international relief/aid.

Now should people who are over paid in defence contractors by far who are basically paid hit men be allowed to contribute the money they were paid by taxpayers to influence elections and elected officials?

A good one that was part of the scam was perkins who got a conscience and wrote confessions of an economic hit man. Have heard him interviewed many times. It really is amazing how few people in the corporate military industrial complex ever get a conscience and out the good old boys. But there are a few and right wingers hate them, examples are Paul O'Neil, David Brock, and Perkins, arianna huffington.

http://www.democracynow.org/2004/11/9/confessions_of_an_economic_hit_man
Quote:

We speak with John Perkins, a former respected member of the international banking community. In his book Confessions of an Economic Hit Man he describes how as a highly paid professional, he helped the U.S. cheat poor countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars by lending them more money than they could possibly repay and then take over their economies. [includes rush transcript]

John Perkins describes himself as a former economic hit man–a highly paid professional who cheated countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars.

20 years ago Perkins began writing a book with the working title, "Conscience of an Economic Hit Men."

Perkins writes, "The book was to be dedicated to the presidents of two countries, men who had been his clients whom I respected and thought of as kindred spirits–Jaime Roldós, president of Ecuador, and Omar Torrijos, president of Panama. Both had just died in fiery crashes. Their deaths were not accidental. They were assassinated because they opposed that fraternity of corporate, government, and banking heads whose goal is global empire. We Economic Hit Men failed to bring Roldós and Torrijos around, and the other type of hit men, the CIA-sanctioned jackals who were always right behind us, stepped in.

John Perkins goes on to write: "I was persuaded to stop writing that book. I started it four more times during the next twenty years. On each occasion, my decision to begin again was influenced by current world events: the U.S. invasion of Panama in 1980, the first Gulf War, Somalia, and the rise of Osama bin Laden. However, threats or bribes always convinced me to stop."

so again the largest handouts are to these companies who are in general have been found stealing massive amounts ie fraud on the USA. I believe if found defrauding 2-3 times or over 1,000,000 times minimum wage of a yearly worker they should never receive another contract. again giving handouts to companies that are criminals makes no sense to me.

isobars

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Maybe some liberals should get into the defense contracting business.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: