myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chrisschmidtwetekam@gmail.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 1:40 pm    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

Banner ads are ok as long as they dont flash like
*BLINKY!****BLINKY!!!!&******LOOK AT ME IM BLINKING!&&*****CLICK ON ME!!!!@@@@@@CLICK CLICK CLICK!!!!****8

(was that annoying? yes.)

other than that keep the ads.

Rock on, duuude.
gavin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2000 7:08 pm    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

Want to hear something really funny? someone told me that they (some sites not this one)swipe and use banner ads on newly developing sites so that the site seems established and will garner more status.

Wouldnt that burn everyone!

But in all likelyhood, banner ads are hear to stay. There are sites out there that will wipe the banners and cookies from your machine/session.

I just do not like the Big Brother aspect of all this.
david

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2000 9:44 am    Post subject: RE: Turn off the Banner ads for wireless members? Reply with quote

Heres an interesting fact: before the worldwide web even existed, the pager cost about $19/month for wind info. Now, with the website and banner ads, its $15/month. If you dont want the pager, the wind info on the web is free, and its $4/month to get forecasts and other web features.

Lets see: pager only, $19; pager plus website, $15; website only, $4 or free.

This is what those numbers say: Your pager membership does not subsidize the website, its the other way around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: