myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late Sesh at the stick. Sailed alone with a marine radio. 6.5, 130lt Carrera 42cm fin. Had a good time. Ebb wasn't very pronounced. maybe to the bottom of the last sandbag. Made it up to the pier. Wind died around 5:50. No side-shows. Very pleasant.
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: May 23 Crissy! Reply with quote

Finally at Crissy! Out with the RRD 85 and Firelight 6.0, non ideal conditions with the wind fidgeting up and down but still mostly planing and having fun in the little chop and swell. Missed the place a lot!!! (besides the scenary and variety, it does take 12-15' to get home!) I think this is going to be the spot until the fog rolls in. Very Happy Very Happy

IMG_0013.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  81.47 KB
 Viewed:  10310 Time(s)

IMG_0013.jpg

Last edited by dvCali on Tue May 24, 2016 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wild and wooly at Berkeley By the Bay Today. Plenty of power and lots of Moguls in the Middle. Continuing through to Emeryville brought textured speed zones into play. Vroooooom!

I love writing reports after a G&T, a puff and a hot tub.

windsrf

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pt. Isabel was enjoyed by two of us, after "ye of little faith" departed too early (aka Brien and Phil). Maybe some initial slogging results in Good Karma?

Sailed there vs. HLS due to being tired of those moguls. High tide at PI is much more civilized.

I, too, am enjoying this blogging process - even if batting only .667 - a Vesper and HT that is.....
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna try 3rd or Punto Coyotes today.
gerritt

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 1:53 pm    Post subject: Third Sunday/Monday Reply with quote

Late blows both days. It didn't look like much due to cloud cover, but I was nicely powered on a 5.7 and 94 liters both days. Slack to ebb helped. Nothing epic, but better than sitting on the couch. Today (Tuesday) feels like it might be better? Sack is around 5:00 p.m. So, you can work and then bust out a quick hour session should you feel the need. Big gear and light wind skills help - its been 17-19 avg, a little up and down, and a little W/WSW - again, not epic but still decent fun.
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Third Sunday/Monday Reply with quote

gerritt wrote:
Late blows both days. It didn't look like much due to cloud cover, but I was nicely powered on a 5.7 and 94 liters both days. Slack to ebb helped. Nothing epic, but better than sitting on the couch. Today (Tuesday) feels like it might be better? Sack is around 5:00 p.m. So, you can work and then bust out a quick hour session should you feel the need. Big gear and light wind skills help - its been 17-19 avg, a little up and down, and a little W/WSW - again, not epic but still decent fun.

Copy that, it's been chilly too! But yeah the wind is there. I've been using volume, 5.7-6.0. The wind is up and down but yeah, totally sailable with great surreal surface conditions. Strangely cold. Like in the low 50's. I'm still wearing a 4/3 full suit.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how almost no one showed at Berkeley today, Thursday.
There was the noon sailor, 5.7 and 99 Fanatic Slalom who caught it just right on the rising wind.
Then it lulled at 2:15, for 45 minutes, enough to convince everyone not to go out.
Dummy me rigs with the foil riders. They use Formula boards to get planing, then pump up onto their foils for course slalom performance.
Guys my size were going 5.2, so I thought I'd try 5.3 wave sail, but on a 95 liter slalom board.
Wonders. They plane most of the time. I planed most of the time. Winds maybe 14-21 at best. They get up to TI, I stay up to Lordships, down to Mitsu land by the freeway, and by choice. For my sizing, 155 lbs., a 5.3 can have a huge useful wind range.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting how almost no one showed at Candlestick today, Thursday.
Only one other sailor showed up by 4PM. Wind was a bit up and down, west to southwest direction and died 15 minutes before 6PM. Actual wind strength was good for 4.5 to 5.0, better than what the sensor showed.
spanker_jeep

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The wind was too inconsistent. The tip off and what keeps people away seems to be a difference in lull to gust of 25 mph. Every site from the Stick, OPM, Haskins, Embassy and Punto Coyote have been sucking it. Now that this system has finally cleared, hopefully it's back to normal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 129, 130, 131 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 130 of 329

Jump to: