myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
steaming hot garage
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
J64TWB

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. I've thought about that NW. It's a 100 year old stucco garage, not going anywhere. Other than windsurfing equipment there is just a bunch of crap in there so I am not concerned about anything else. Been to lazy to get on the ladder and cut through the cement. Doesn't sound like a fun weekend. Maybe I should. Not sure I like the gortex route, I do like the paper towel in the hole route. Maybe keep it on the cooler concrete floor as well. It's freaking hot in there.

If you leave humidity out of the equation, what's the max temperature a sealed board can safely be stored in out of the Sun?
techno900

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the correct answer, but I kept my Starboard iSonic 111 and Formula 160 in my white van, outdoors for years. Now in North Carolina, but I was in Texas where 100+ degree days happen often (70 the last year I was there).

Plugs always closed and the boards are still in great shape.

My earlier formula boards had plugs and I took them out after each outing, but all too often, I launched off the beach and looked down to see that I forgot to put the plug back in. So, it you take the plugs out, be sure you have a fail safe system to remember to put them back in.

I have added a third board with a pug, a Tabou 3s and the plug stays in.

Never taking the plugs out is a fail safe system.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: