myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Oil on river?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dhanson928

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drblanke wrote:
If Union Pacific is going to close Rock Creek launch for their hazardous materials cleanup, CGWA should file a claim. BNSF paid $75,000(?) for taking away some of the parking at Doug's Beach and that money did a lot of good at other places (waterfront park launch, Swell City purchase).

Give em back the money and give us back Dougs like it was..I used to sail Dougs West every day...now it's...."Pay" to launch at Rowena or Pay to launch at Dougs, and do NOT park except .....blah blah blah...
That $75k, if that is right, probably bought a few signs, some new trucks and guns for the rangers that give us tickets for parking...in exchange, we got another siding to park the coal trains while the oil trains speed past...Oh, and some great newish fences...Past history, I know...
WMP

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dhanson928 wrote:
in exchange, we got another siding to park the coal trains while the oil trains speed past...Oh, and some great newish fences...Past history, I know...

Stylish urban ghetto fences that make the place look like a penitentiary. Yes indeed, Doug's now resembles a place to incarcerate the mentally ill.... seems the 14' fences are designed to keep us crazy people from throwing our gear onto the tracks? Insane. Quite a change.... I haven't sailed Doug's in many, many years, I still treasure those Doug's West days, they will forever be remembered.

Past history.... remember the days when you came to the Gorge to cleanse your mind from all the insanity of the outside world? The outside world has now taken control of our most treasured playground. BNSF and UP have both claimed to have the best set of tracks in the USA running through the Gorge.

153-year-old Union Pacific with the old motto "We can handle it".....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRLCUjCVBGI -

Now UP seems have a few loose screws?

Quote:

This old-economy warhorse generates profits at a rate that rivals those of the best tech, pharmaceutical, and financial services companies." The key to UP’s remarkable profitability is a highly disciplined investment approach overseen by a department called network planning. Developed over the past decade, the system is implemented by a group of analysts whom employees refer to as the “smart guys” (though many are women).

The central tenet of network planning is that every outlay for new track, locomotives, or terminals must yield a return of at least 15%—and the “smart guys” brook no excuse for failure.

http://fortune.com/2015/06/04/union-pacific-railroad/

Now we have UP track failure in Mosier, the town with the motto...

"Small Enough to Make a Difference".

I just wonder how much oil money it will take to buy out the City of Mosier?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: