myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, big SW swells can make windsurfing hazardous at Waddell, but Davenport has a wide open channel, and you can sail the North Reef, which is more sideoffshore DTL sailing making you think you're in Cabo Verde or some dream spot like that, except for the cold water and kelp.
I stayed local, got Berkeley really good in the 4:30 PM session, way overpowered on a 6 meter and slalom board, switched to bump n jump board and it was really fine for another hour.
I haven't sailed the coast now for 7 years, stuck an inland boy lately, but still have 3 wave boards and quiver's of wave sails.
beallmd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I did sail at Davy some in the channel but the wind was pretty northerly and it was dead at the upper break, that was my plan though.
bert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:31 pm    Post subject: Treasure Island on Friday Reply with quote

Needed a good wind fix after the debacle at 3rd yesterday. Surprised to see the gate open before noontime. Went 4.7/90L trifin which was good up to the red (ding dong) buoy#6 where 4.2 conditions prevailed. Nice fair sized, but slightly confused swells to play with and not too much boat traffic. Good hour and half of soulful, solitary sailing. 4 windsurfers showed up at 2 as I was leaving.
johnarmitage

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:48 pm    Post subject: I've never seen a chart quite like this Reply with quote

steady and such a small spread. And nearly the equivalent at Blunt, only 10k stronger.

Nice day on my 6.3 115L, ideal for me if wind avg is 25, as it was.

Blunt steady.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  218 KB
 Viewed:  11993 Time(s)

Blunt steady.png

TI Steady.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  228.23 KB
 Viewed:  11996 Time(s)

TI Steady.png

cachaocachao

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOLID 4.0 & nice SB swells [particularly 4-5pm] mid out in the Circle yesterday. Might do it again today
renoscott

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beallmd wrote:
I was down sailing the coast last week. Plenty of wind and would have sailed more there but the waves got freakin huge, up to 15 feet huge. Needless to say I chicken gybed out of there and went to 3rd instead, okay I'm a wimp...
Kiters have an advantage over windsurfers in really big often closeout conditions, they can chicken gybe easier and safer, they can lift up and over huge walls of whitewater and they are not stuck in the wave but can change direction or pull out easily. I learned this by watching, I did not even consider going out.

Hey Jeff you only live once, man up, step up your game and go out!
bert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Sunday Reply with quote

Mild, fun, AARP type conditions at Palo Alto on Sunday. Water was warm, friendly chop and fairly steady 15-17 mph wind while I was there (1 to 3 pm). 5.3/110L kept me planing the entire session. Lot's of sailors here due to the shitty conditions at 3rd and Coyote.
Goodwind

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, as Mike Godsey pointed out, Eddie is visiting friends and family in the Bay Area and killing wind in many spots this long weekend. As a result, I'm the only guy sailing the Stick the last three days with oh, well, my 10' Exocet WindSUP. Man, this region is so spoiled by good wind that few people own or admit to own a long board. In marginal conditions (10 to 15 mph), nobody is sailing. All I can say is I'm really enjoy this AARP type conditions more and more as I'm consistently Planning out jibes in light conditions now after some practice on this beast (I'm not used to board this big). IMO, Exocet WindSUP is the easiest board to learn, progress and have fun with forever. It requires little skill to get going. If you can't learn on this board, try something else. Wink
windsrf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess my earlier complaint about living in East Bay was heard. Berkeley and Pt. Isabel great lately. Sunday was 5.5 day at His Lords (105 L Mike's and 178 lbs). Day before 5.5 at PI. No need to resurrect my 144L Xantos. Signed, AARP David
SwellRipper

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: TI Reply with quote

TI has been strong all weekend. Small sail (3.5-4.5) AARP conditions, as gusts not really overpowering. Marine dense air gives easy power to sail. Choppyesque conditions at times, but also smoother bumps at other times, smooth swell and jump ramps out there too. Mix of sun and medium height fog. Has gotten a little cooler but not cold. Very clean outside water. Modest sailor turn out and light car traffic. Although the 4th could see more traffic on bridge/City.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 141 of 329

Jump to: