myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Windsurfing is a dying sport

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mickydora

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2000 11:25 pm    Post subject: Windsurfing is a dying sport Reply with quote

Yea Man its true just look around you dont see any beginners anymore (or very few) Hope it doest die out completely then all the shops will close.
We will be forced to make are own stuff.
PVC pipe and ground tarps and styrafoam cups are easy to come buy.( survivor series special)
I think I will get one of them Kites and mount it to one of those Razor Scooters.
The bottom Line is dont drink and smoke and Post Messages.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:49 pm    Post subject: RE: Windsurfing is a dying sport Reply with quote

Lets hope so, to some degree. Theres no room on the Columbia or in the parking lots as it is.

Mike \m/
windsurfer7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2000 6:18 pm    Post subject: RE: Windsurfing is a dying sport Reply with quote

Hey guys,
There are still some kids around the bay area ripping it up. I myself am 15 and I have a 13 year old friend that windsurfs too. Were out at coyote most weekends if youve seen us. I am an instructor down at shoreline and we had more kids than ever this summer learning how to sail and windsurf. Classes were full (25 kids) every week. Some of them were getting pretty good (beach starts, helitacks on longboards, helicopters, ect.) One kid could almost railride and all of them were under 15. Windsurfing is still alive but I hope not many more people get into it cause I want to win some junior competions in a few years. Wink

-Matt
gybemeister

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2000 10:01 pm    Post subject: RE: Windsurfing is a dying sport Reply with quote

Most excellent. Hope someone does an article on you and your buddies soon!
Best wind,
~randy
umba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2000 9:09 pm    Post subject: RE: Windsurfing is a dying sport Reply with quote

I have seen some very young kids(10-12) on the lakes here in Eastern PA. I am a 35 year old beginner myself. I must say that I have spent an aweful lot of money recently at Ebb Tide in Montgomeryville, PA and know others who are doing the same.
jax2000

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2000 2:09 am    Post subject: RE: Windsurfing is a dying sport Reply with quote

I wish I had taken up WS 10-20 years earlier. Of all the things I love to do (snow skiing, diving, hiking, aerobatics, biking, blading), this is now my favorite. We love traveling for the sport, meeting great people along the way! Dont understand why its not booming... I presume because its not as accommodating to learn as many other sports. Now if I could only jibe.....
gavinjge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2002 8:27 pm    Post subject: RE: Windsurfing is a dying sport Reply with quote

i am 12 and i am learning how to carve jibe a short board and i can jump. i dont know why windsurfing isnt the most popular sport ever it is the best. i sail at the bay area also and im teaching my 11 year old friend how to windsurf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: