myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hello all, It's me again

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davidcdanna8941

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:46 pm    Post subject: Hello all, It's me again Reply with quote

I'm looking at a resort in Costa Rica called the Riu Guanacaste and it says they offer windsurfing as an included activity. Has anyone been there and can they confirm or give insight to the accommodations? Winds? Beach access? Also, any comments on other places that offer this activity through a resort would be good info and helpful too!

Please share. I really wanna get an exotic beach vacation in this summer and if I can do some windsurfing also that would be a bonus!

Thanks!!

DD
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, your post should attract more -- and more appropriate -- readers if you post it in the Caribbean/South America forum below and make your topic about Costa Rica and Riu Guanacaste.

Mike \m/
capetonian

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the old time pro windsurfers - Fabrice Beaux - moved to Costa Rica a couple years back. I met him on the beach in Oahu when he was on vacation. He said no wind in Costa Rica. But awesome surfing and SUP surfing.

For a Caribbean windsurfing vacation with rentals try Cabarete, Barbados, Bonaire, etc.
davidcdanna8941

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
David, your post should attract more -- and more appropriate -- readers if you post it in the Caribbean/South America forum below and make your topic about Costa Rica and Riu Guanacaste.

Mike \m/

ok thanks, I'll try that.
davidcdanna8941

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

capetonian wrote:
One of the old time pro windsurfers - Fabrice Beaux - moved to Costa Rica a couple years back. I met him on the beach in Oahu when he was on vacation. He said no wind in Costa Rica. But awesome surfing and SUP surfing.

For a Caribbean windsurfing vacation with rentals try Cabarete, Barbados, Bonaire, etc.

no wind huh? aww, well that sucks. I'm already booked!
davidcdanna8941

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it doesn't look all that bad, http://wx.iwindsurf.com/map#10.304,-82.738,7,1,!70582,2

Looks like it's hit or miss. Some good 14-15mph days some 5-6mph days. Guess I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope for the best.
wave.cowboy

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One can either sit on a windless beach and hope for wind or travel to a windier destination. Lake Arenal, Costa Rica in Spring can be simply amazing. In summer, head to Maui for that tropical feel.
davidcdanna8941

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wave.cowboy wrote:
One can either sit on a windless beach and hope for wind or travel to a windier destination. Lake Arenal, Costa Rica in Spring can be simply amazing. In summer, head to Maui for that tropical feel.

look what I found!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18uTjLC_S_4
pormike

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

look what I found!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18uTjLC_S_4[/quote]

Arenal is a good 3 hour drive each way from the Rui Guanacaste, and usually only blows in the winter and spring. Nice beach and lots of other stuff to do in Costa Rica, but not great for windsurfing other than Arenal in the appropriate season.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: