myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
San Luis

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urge4vert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 3:04 pm    Post subject: San Luis Reply with quote

Does anyone know when the weeds clear up enough so its decent again? its really howling there today, but I dont want to drive 2 hours, find perfect wind, but too man weeds.....

Kevin
kbmetz@pertinent.net
boredhead

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2000 6:07 pm    Post subject: RE: San Luis Reply with quote

I dont think the weeds are going anywhere until next season. Its been several weeks since Ive been there but we rarely have problems as long as you have a weed fin. Its a different kind of feeling, Ive had some of the most incredible high speed flat water rides there cutting right through the weeds. Ill be there Friday if the wind holds, yesterday it blasted well into the night but I missed it. One of my favorite spots.
urge4vert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 5:06 am    Post subject: RE: San Luis Reply with quote

Thanks for the response! Ive been meaning to get a weed fin, just keep putting it off. Guess now might be as good a time as any. Thanks again for the advice.
goinoff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2000 11:16 am    Post subject: RE: San Luis Reply with quote

Ive been there in October a few times with no weeds in sight. I think they are removed
around this time every year.

Sail the upper res!! The ramps are more like
Rio w/tide going out. If you do sail upper res., rangers require that you sail with a friend and carry a flare,xtra rope.

Check water levels at:
http://wwwoco.water.ca.gov/indexo.html
under dispatcher daily water reports.
tony89

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 1:16 am    Post subject: RE: San Luis Reply with quote

I agree. I sailed the upper site a few years ago in 4.5 conditions and had a blast. Big air, noone around, and plenty of water to manueverin.

The ranger up top didnt even bother me sailing alone. She said she saw me try a few loops through the binoculars and figured I knew what I was doing:-P

Never seen anyone else sail up there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: