myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Intermediate board advice, retro or recent?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
antekozina3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"slinky" "GURGLETROUSERS" Thanks

I must admit that I was impatient and perhaps too self-critical.
This year I sailed just 3 times. Picture in the post where I sail was taken in water temperature 16-17 * C 13/04/2016. Now it's summer and I went to surf just 2 times. The first time I sailed with a sail of 6 m2 and in 2 occasions 30-35 min(wind 5-9 knots). Shredder is a great to go upwind. The second time I had sailed only 30 minutes in the waves of 40-50 cm and a little stronger wind around 15 knots. I did it twice plane and I felt the tail of the board to cross the wave'Very Happy' A little unstable, but I no longer have as much weight on the back leg and I am satisfied with how I balance.
The next step it is planned that tomorrow, in the wind of 10-12 knots, trying on harness and on water remain at least 60-90 min.
It's no rush, but if I buy recent board of 155-175 lit. I learn all a lot faster.
I think I bought the biggest board that I could afford and that is not in bad shape. Shredder started to be fun, I just need to connect several waves Very Happy
My mast is old 465 cm and DIN 7.3 (IMCS 26), and boom is up to 200 cm. I have already informed my self on the bigger sails. I follow ads.Used sail can be ordered from Germany. Delivery should be around € 50.
I have yet to master the harness and footstraps. Its better that the equipment is older and I'm not sorry if anything breaks. It is essential that everything is going slowly and that is no injuries.
Sorry if the post is not absolutely clear. To draw up a post I used google to translate
antekozina3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zirtaeb wrote:
Use the Sting in any winds below 22 knots.
Lower you boom to top of shoulder heights, no more. Higher booms are for Formula board sailing, not reaching.
Shredder is an excellent easy riding board. It has enough float for your weight, and any bigger would cost more money and plane up maybe TWO knots of wind earlier, which is not worth the extra money.

Thanks for your advices. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: