myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Crissy field

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric9516

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:14 am    Post subject: Crissy field Reply with quote

Hi i would like to get in contact with anyone who sails in crissy field. I am traveling to SFO the 1st week of september with my son 14 years for week holliday. On my bucket list is windsurfing at the bay. We both are good sailers we live in the street of Gibraltar near windsurf mecca Tarifa Spain.thanx for now hope to meet some the hardcore dudes on the bay.

DSC00484.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.09 MB
 Viewed:  7816 Time(s)

DSC00484.jpg

dllee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bring 3mm wetsuits, harness, and booties if you wear them in 58 degree waters.
Air temps mainly around 60 degrees in windy days, much warmer if there's no wind. Wind window is usually 2-6 PM, best on ebb tide days, but sailible on flood days if you have big slalom gear.
Normal Crissy gear for 150 lbs rider's on ebb tide is 85 liter board and 5 m. sails. On incoming tides, possibly 100 liter slalom boards and 5.5-6 meter sails.
Stay in touch here. Rentals are rare, but I have more than a van load of windsurf equipment, older stuff, but monofilm twisty sails, and boards newer than '00.
Yesterday I used a '02 HiFlyFree259 and '97 North 5.2 Convert at Berkeley.
vmaher2045

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First week in September is towards the end of our season - wind conditions will be unknown. Most likely as Doman said except I like to wear a four three wetsuit. Are you bringing gear or hoping to rent or borrow? There's a friendly crowd willing to help out with info at the beach. PM me if you need directions. Looks you're in luck because it looks like a series of good ebb tide days starting that week in the afternoon. Also if bringing boards better FSW instead of wave boards. Some swell probably some chop to get through.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: