myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Christiegate
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:30 pm    Post subject: Christiegate Reply with quote

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/12/08/1350334/-Christie-gets-a-little-roasted-around-the-edges?detail=email#

From WYNC (New Jersey Public Radio):
Quote:

...newly disclosed phone records - supplied by AT&T to the New Jersey legislature and obtained by WNYC - show that Christie's current Chief of Staff, Regina Egea, communicated by cell phone with Gov. Christie 12 times during that hearing on December 9, 2013. The Governor initiated the contact, about 30 minutes into the testimony, and sent a total of three texts to the aide. Egea replied nine times before the testimony concluded. The records show only one other text from Egea to Christie that month, on Christmas Day.

This is important because...
The new evidence contrasts with a report the governor's legal team issued last March, which did not reveal any texts about the lane closures sent from Christie to anyone from September 2013, when the Fort Lee traffic tie-ups occurred, through January. And it contradicts the sworn testimony of Egea that there was only one text from her to Christie that day.

But the Rose Mary Woods moment is this one:

Legislators investigating the Bridgegate affair have repeatedly pressed for information about the governor's communications. In its interim report on the matter obtained by WNYC and expected to be released today, the legislative select committee said that "counsel for [the Office of the Governor] indicated that it has been unable to locate any such texts on either the Governor or Egea's mobile telephones. Given Egea's testimony and the AT&T records, there is little doubt the texts were composed and transmitted. [The Office of the Governor's] inability to provide their contents indicates that both Egea and Gov Christie deleted the message at some unknown point."

real-human

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Report: Bridgegate indictments could come as early as next w Reply with quote

I guess we are going to find out soon if Christi was at all involved... Notice how he has not been out raising money recently and making announcements. Is that because he knows someing is close to being issued...

Does the buck stop at the top if your absolute top people are indicted? Do you resign from being governor? IE accept that he created this hate climate to punish a democrat. That these are your people that you hired for top positions?

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/report-bridgegate-indictments-could-come-early-next-week?cid=eml_mda_20150409

Report: Bridgegate indictments could come as early as next week

Quote:
The long-gestating Bridgegate scandal appears to finally be headed into new territory, with the New York Times reporting on Wednesday that indictments could finally be coming in the case as early as next week.

The Times reports that people close to case will likely bring charges arguing that associates of New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie committed fraud by using the George Washington Bridge for an inappropriate purpose as political retribution against the Democratic mayor of Fort Lee, New Jersey who declined to support Christie’s re-election bid in 2013.

That September, several lanes on the bridge were mysteriously closed for a few days during rush hour causing serious traffic delays. After Port Authority officials initially claimed the closures were part of a “traffic study,” it later was alleged that top level Christie staffers may have played a role in deliberately causing the problem, with one infamous email exchange explicitly stating: “Time for some traffic problems in Fort Lee.”

The controversy over the lane closures has hung like a shadow over Christie’s nascent 2016 aspirations and significantly damaged his reputation in his home state, where his once sky-high approval ratings have never fully recovered in the aftermath of the story going public. An independent investigation, authorized by the governor’s office, cleared Christie of any wrongdoing when it came to the lane closures last year.

RELATED: Rigatoni Bolognese with a side of Chris Christie

“I wouldn’t have been as trusting of some people, I would have asked more questions on certain things in general, and I wish I would have that do over again,” Christie said regarding the scandal on a recent episode of NJTV’s new show “Pasta & Politics.”

“Maybe I could have been more aggressive, I don’t know. It’s one of those things that is still kind surreal to me, and I don’t really understand it, still. But it’s certainly has been a really bad period for me, you know, both personally and professionally,” he added.

Meanwhile, prosecutors are seeking to determine whether Christie engaged in unethical behavior in other ways. According to the Times, Christie has used Port Authority money to shore up his state budget and gave out gifts to mayors whose endorsements he coveted. Christie also reportedly maintained an office of “intergovernmental affairs” which allegedly was used to court potential political backers.

As new allegations come to the forefront it’s unclear whether Christie can still mount a serious challenge for the White House.

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/chris-christie-new-jersey-mayor-flooding_us_56a78698e4b01a3ed123d0fd?ir=Politics%3Fncid%3Dnewsltushpmg00000003

Quote:
The mayor of a city in New Jersey unloaded against Gov. Chris Christie (R) on Tuesday for downplaying the effects of a major winter storm that caused severe flooding and prompted hundreds of evacuations across the state's coastal communities.

North Wildwood Mayor Patrick Rosenello, a Republican, said he was disappointed after Christie called him "crazy" for saying Winter Storm Jonas was worse than Superstorm Sandy.

"I'm a big boy, he can call me names, I don't mind that," Rosenello said in an interview with a local Fox news station. "It's very disappointing, though. My children have met the man. I've met his wife and his children."

"It's just disappointing that a man, who is the governor of New Jersey, a man who wants to be president of the United States, would lower the discourse in a situation such as this," he added.

mac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor fat man doesn't own a mop.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone remember if it was mrgybe, or another right wing stooge, who lauded the talents of Christie? Oops.

Quote:
NEW YORK (Reuters) – A former aide to Chris Christie said in a text message that the New Jersey governor “flat out lied” when he said senior staff members were not involved in the “Bridgegate” scandal in 2013, according to a court filing on Wednesday.

The new details were revealed in a document filed in New Jersey federal court by Bill Baroni, former deputy executive director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, who is one of two former Christie allies facing criminal charges in the case.

Speculation has persisted for years about whether Christie or members of his staff were aware of the alleged plot to close two New York City-bound lanes at the George Washington Bridge in Fort Lee as retribution against the town’s mayor, who had refused to back Christie’s re-election campaign.

Christie addressed the controversy at a Dec. 13, 2013, news conference, a day after the state legislature issued several subpoenas in its investigation of the lane closures.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I think it was boggs.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah! A blank thread. Let me guess ... some folks didn't know that Christi isn't the nominee, and don't even like him for AG because he's outspoken and obese.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give that man a cookie!! Without looking, he knows that the contributor from Berkeley, who squeals "misogyny", "bigotry", "racism", "sexism" etc at any perceived slight, has already referred to the Governor of New Jersey as the "poor fat man". A child.
mac

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have control over our caloric input. Not over our age, gender, or race. I guess this is news to some. Perhaps I should have said "fat liar." I guess mrgybe missed the part where Christie called the mayor "crazy." Does that mean Christie is a child?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be of interest

http://www.cheerleading.com/14-Poms.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: