myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I am getting this error all most constantly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windfind

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tstizzle.

Actually when trying to find wind at a specific site I use the Classic iwindsurf since it loads faster.

But when forecasting or when trying to get the overall picture of where I should sail the new iwindsurf is far better IF you have a fast connection.

I just looked at our realtime metrics for our 17 consumer products, like iwindsurf.com, ranging from FishWeather.com to Sailflow.com. Nationwide only about 7% of customers are using the old iwindsurf.com you and I like. And at present iwindsurf.com is the only product where people are having issues. So I am pretty sure the new iwindsurf.com is loading for other people.

There are some funky old "flash" versions of iwindsurf.com that can really have loading problems. I wonder if you are using one of those?

Try this new iwindsurf link and tell me what happens:

http://wx.iwindsurf.com/map#37.6,-121.502,9,1,!92240

I just tried it on FF, Chrome, Safari etc. and it worked just fine for me.

But even if the link above works the old iwindsurf.com is faster if you want max speed.

Mike Godsey
iwindsurf.com/ikitesurf.com
Weatheflow.com
radross

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike-

While I frequently experience the insufferable freeze of "loading," on windalert and the new iwindsurf if I try to refresh the wind data too often, where is the data for the current and max ebb and flood that seems to only be available on the classic iwindsurf.

Ross
ctuna

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:40 am    Post subject: yeah no max ebb and flood data only tidal height. Reply with quote

yeah no max ebb and flood data only tidal height.
went to m12 then selected tides (new site). Same with Anita Rock.
Also you used to be able
to get the nws overlay on the graphs on the old iws but not
anymore.
The new guys must not know what there missing or don't care.

For me its not speed but features or the old one just doesn't work
period.
tstizzle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windfind wrote:
Hi tstizzle.

Try this new iwindsurf link and tell me what happens:

http://wx.iwindsurf.com/map#37.6,-121.502,9,1,!92240

I just tried it on FF, Chrome, Safari etc. and it worked just fine for me.

But even if the link above works the old iwindsurf.com is faster if you want max speed.

nope. doesn't work on FF v 48.0.2 (the most recent). the previous link from ctuna doesn't work either (although it IS working now in canary).

FWIW, the actual map object on the page (#searchMap) is never populated in FF. it remains empty. i assume the js call createSearchMap() inside the document.ready function is where it fails. console gives no error besides this one (but it appears related to google ads):

ReferenceError: googletag is not defined
googletag.cmd.push(function () {

i really appreciate the support though, mike. i will probably keep using the old version though. i can't be bound to using canary on all the machines i might use in a day to check the wind.
tstizzle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i did also see that the google maps version being requested by IW is no longer supported (and is probably not being supplied). here is the map version IW is running on:

src="https://maps.google.com/maps/api/js?v=3.23

and here is the google doc statement about that version:

RetiredVersion Warning

You may have supplied a retired version in your script element. The versions 3.0 - 3.23 have been retired, and you might be receiving 3.24 instead. Please update your application to use one of the available versions.
[/b]

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/error-messages
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike's link works within one or two seconds on my old iMac w/FF 49.0 and Chrome 48.0.2564.116 (64-bit).
But I get more and more immediately useful data on my newer 'Droid cell phone by accessing MyiW via wap. It looks like this
http://www.iwindsurf.com/myWeather.iws?home
minus all the glitter and color but PLUS many more direct links to immediately useful data such as the precise windspeed average history I rig and tune my sail by.
tstizzle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, iso. same link i use on my phone (and perhaps why so many people are still using the old site).

but, fwiw, the new IW doesn't work on any FF here at my office. i tested about a hlaf dozen machines. by policy, we disable 3rd party cookies and install httpsEverywhere, but neither of those things, when disabled, fixes the bug.

just thought i would mention it to IW.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops ... just encountered the problem on my desktop when looking for this forum ... not data.
emcc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the old WAP interface is reliable and very helpful particularly in areas with sketchy wireless data service.
Please keep it running!
thanks!
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emcc wrote:
Yes, the old WAP interface is reliable and very helpful particularly in areas with sketchy wireless data service.

I can see my cell tower and have excellent service and 4 bars, and STILL prefer WAP. I'm either too old or too smart to need flashbang grenades along with my data. I outgrew picture books when I learned how to read. Very Happy

(The same goes for all the singing and dancing acts on the talent contest shows like American Idol and SYTYCDance: Enough with the fireworks and backup singers and brass band; let me hear and see the danged artist.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: