myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The truth is...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BOZ!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2000 10:36 pm    Post subject: The truth is... Reply with quote

The truth is...
Ducati and I are two different people. I must say that I am a new visitor to iwindsurf.com and I am thoroughly enjoying the site. The venting section is just that, for venting. Ducati is taking the edge off (or you might think,...putting the edge on) the entire forum.
The truth is, those of you who engage with ducati, even though you mock his presence and declare him grotesque, cant function without him. You log on, and like a magnet, ducati pulls your finger near.
Why, you might ask? Ill tell ya why, because it stirs your emotions.
Those sailors who are truly offended by ducati just ignore his presence. They are able to travel the pages of iwindsurf.com completely unmolested just by exercising some self discipline on the mouse. But those of you who engage, you do so because you need him in your life. I indulge because it is enjoyable. A nice cup of coffee, a good 5.0 sesh, and then a shot of ducati leave me feeling happy.
But you, you who scream for his removal because his presence is hurting your virgin eyes and ears live for that very same provoked emotion. Like some addict, thirsty for a fix, your day is not complete without him.
Since this is a windsurfing forum, ill make a parallel we can all relate to.
Everybody gets worked at one point or another in conditions above their ability. Some smile and laugh, others scream F*******CK 100 decibals above the wind. I windsurf, and I support ducati for one reason only, they both make me smile and laugh!!! Its so much more fun than throwing tantrums and screaming at seagulls.
I understand though, ducati is probably over your head. This being the case, here is list of your options,... you could pack it up on the beach till it lightens up, ...you could roll with it until you dial in,... or you continue on screaming F*********CK. The irony of the wind is, just like ducati, the more you scream the harder it blows!!!!
THUKILL and daMonsta, keep right on screaming, the deaf ears of the wind are listening!!!
Ducati, keep up the good work on trying to keep it light. See everybody on the water, Im the one smiling!!!
daMonsta

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 12:15 am    Post subject: RE: The truth is... Reply with quote

Maybe you and Ducati should get a hotel.
BOZ!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 9:15 am    Post subject: RE: The truth is... Reply with quote

daMonsta,
at least your recognizing that ducati and I are 2 different people now!! Id love to stay and chat with you but... it is goin off right now, and days like this you dont want to miss. ...oh, ill also try not to be so self centered on my way to the beach, ill stop at all the redlights, i wont speed, and ill even use my blinker!! see ya on the water!!
ducati

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 2:53 pm    Post subject: RE: The truth is... Reply with quote

Nice job BOZ! You put a smile on my face! But alas, Im afaid its wind blowin right through both ears for DUHmonsta. Hope you had a good 5.0 session.
BOZ!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2000 8:53 pm    Post subject: RE: The truth is... Reply with quote

Thanks dude,
rode 5.5 on 100ltrs and was so wound up that my contact lenses where suffering from leech flutter!!!
joeyyyy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2000 3:55 am    Post subject: RE: The truth is... Reply with quote

YOU SAID SOMETHING ABOUT
The irony of the wind
SO DOES THES MEAN THAT I CAN go to the beach and scream F*****ck and then proseed to rig my 3.0 and have a blast??

wouldnt that be cool??
jibemeister

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2000 5:31 pm    Post subject: RE: The truth is... Reply with quote

Duhmonsta cant stand people whose opinions conflict with his. He would also like to censor those same peolple.

There are alot of people in this world who have views and opinions I dont agree with but I would never think of telling them to shut up. An inteligent person learns from those who have differing opinions. Apparently Duhmonsta has not reached the inetelectual level we have.

I knew he was a communist. I bet he was in Florida messing up the vote.

The 1st ammendment rules!!!
BOZ!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2000 5:33 pm    Post subject: RE: The truth is... Reply with quote

In the context of my message i mean
when your gettin worked and you want it to let up, screaming F****CK always seems to add fuel to the fire as the wind with its sinister scream force feeds you a bit of humble pie.
Now, in the context of your inquiry, it has always been my expierience, that to drive up to the beach and see marginal conditions, screaming F****CK just p!sses the wind off, so of course it shuts down, and the 8.0 you couldve rode ends up staying dry.

it would be cool though, a little venting and then ruling on a 3.0!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: