myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Obama's Amazing effectiveness
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh...nothing amazing or effective about it. A waste of a vote as far as I'm concerned.
mac

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obama remains a thousand times more popular--and smarter--than Matty and his ilk.http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/barack-obama-revenge-tour-darrell-issa
mat-ty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Obama remains a thousand times more popular--and smarter--than Matty and his ilk.http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/10/barack-obama-revenge-tour-darrell-issa

No link dumbass. More popular with who? moonbats, and the social parasites that keep your party afloat. I have to admit it's tough to compete with a party who promotes free and lazy..
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a guy Mad

Gracious? No
Sophisticated? No
Honoring tradition? No
Smooth transition? No

Condescending? Yes
Spoiled? Yes
Sore loser? Yes
Legacy? Fuck it!

Keep calm but CARRY ON: President Obama encourages Trump protesters and ignores Republicans' pleas to put an end to week of chaos

>President Obama said he will not advise anti-Trump protesters to be silent
>Encouraged young voters to be more engaged with politics instead
>He told them not to take for granted their political freedoms
>It flies in the face of Kellyanne Conway's plea for him to end the protests
>Crowds have marched and rioted through various states since Trump's election win

President Obama encouraged Trump protesters on Thursday and even appeared to egg on young voters into becoming more politically engaged.

In a snub of pleas made by President-elect Trump's camp to put an end to the unrest, President Obama told a press conference in Berlin he had no intention of quietening the crowds.

'I wouldn't advise them to be silent,' he said in response to a question about anti-Trump protests and riots which have unleashed chaos in several states since the election.

Instead, President Obama told 'young people' not to take for granted their political freedom and urged them to be involved not only when they are disgruntled.

'One of the great things about our democracy is it expresses itself in all sorts of ways and that includes people protesting.

'I have been the subject of protests, during the course of my eight years and I suspect there is not a president in our history that at some point hasn't been subject to these protests.

'I would not advise people who feel strongly or are concerned about some of the issues that have been raised over the course of the campaign... I wouldn't advise them to be silent.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3948558/President-Obama-encourages-Trump-protesters-eggs-young-voters-engage-not-just-upsets-ignores-Republicans-pleas-end-week-chaos.html#ixzz4QNocCcY9

Last edited by nw30 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry NW30, there's no clear sailing for Donald Trump. It's a bumpy road from now on, and that's going to be particularly tough for a narcissist like him being criticized at every turn. Get used to it.
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Says the consummate predictor.
Unfortunately you have a track record that leaves quite a bit to be desired.

It seems to me that Obama is trying to get from Europe what he couldn't get from his home country, America.

He went on an apology tour of Europe shortly after first getting elected, for America's past, and now he is on another apology tour of Europe again, for America's future.
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Says the consummate predictor. Unfortunately you have a track record that leaves quite a bit to be desired."

No doubt, like almost everyone, I could never grasp Donald Trump winning the Electorial College. I will admit that I was wrong in my prediction. However, believe me, Trump will be in the spotlight, and often not under a positive light. That's his fate, like it or not. I'm not going to be wrong in that prediction. All the ridiculous promises he made will be his bane, and rightfully so.

Lastly, the idea that President Obama will play Kellyanne Conway's game and clear the board castigating Trump's opposition is fantasy. Trump earned his opposition, and he will have to weather it his whole time in office.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
What a guy Mad

Gracious? No
Sophisticated? No
Honoring tradition? No
Smooth transition? No

Condescending? Yes
Spoiled? Yes
Sore loser? Yes
Legacy? Fuck it!

Keep calm but CARRY ON: President Obama encourages Trump protesters and ignores Republicans' pleas to put an end to week of chaos

>President Obama said he will not advise anti-Trump protesters to be silent
>Encouraged young voters to be more engaged with politics instead
>He told them not to take for granted their political freedoms
>It flies in the face of Kellyanne Conway's plea for him to end the protests
>Crowds have marched and rioted through various states since Trump's election win

President Obama encouraged Trump protesters on Thursday and even appeared to egg on young voters into becoming more politically engaged.

In a snub of pleas made by President-elect Trump's camp to put an end to the unrest, President Obama told a press conference in Berlin he had no intention of quietening the crowds.

'I wouldn't advise them to be silent,' he said in response to a question about anti-Trump protests and riots which have unleashed chaos in several states since the election.

Instead, President Obama told 'young people' not to take for granted their political freedom and urged them to be involved not only when they are disgruntled.

'One of the great things about our democracy is it expresses itself in all sorts of ways and that includes people protesting.

'I have been the subject of protests, during the course of my eight years and I suspect there is not a president in our history that at some point hasn't been subject to these protests.

'I would not advise people who feel strongly or are concerned about some of the issues that have been raised over the course of the campaign... I wouldn't advise them to be silent.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3948558/President-Obama-encourages-Trump-protesters-eggs-young-voters-engage-not-just-upsets-ignores-Republicans-pleas-end-week-chaos.html#ixzz4QNocCcY9

He had great mentors.....Marshall, Alinski, Ayres, Wright.

I can not wait till January and this hateful, divisive, POS is in the past.
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was truly inspiring to watch Obama yesterday at a press conference. The quiet dignity with which he responded to questions about Syria, and the ease and maturity with which he parried attempts to get him to disparage Trump were the sign of someone utterly sure of himself and his role in history. They are in sharp contrast to the undignified stream of insults, misogyny and racism from the tiny fingers of the president elect.

His discussion of the difficulties that Syria (and Sudan and many other hellish places) present were compelling. They will not be noticed or noted by those who mistake bluster for strength. Strength is evident in Obama's ability to maintain his equilibrium and rise above racist attacks on him and his wife by panicky white people who declared themselves "just not ready for a black president" on the evening of his landslide election. Again, the contrast with the President elect, who has the thinnest skin in the political arena, could not be sharper.

This morning we read that unemployment levels have reached a 15 year low. Obama came into office in the midst of a banking panic that was far worse than the panic that set off the great depression, and had damaged the world economy, with a loss of more than ten trillion in economic value. That panic had been ignited by careless Republican de-regulation policies and inaction by Bush's head of the SEC. While Bush agreed with the need for intervention, he lacked the leadership with his party to convince them to move. Obama provided the necessary votes, and maintained the Republican economic team to stay the course on TARP and other actions that Bush could not implement without Obama. The nation owes you a debt of gratitude. You already understand that your place in history is secure.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
It was truly inspiring to watch Obama yesterday at a press conference. The quiet dignity with which he responded to questions about Syria, and the ease and maturity with which he parried attempts to get him to disparage Trump were the sign of someone utterly sure of himself and his role in history. They are in sharp contrast to the undignified stream of insults, misogyny and racism from the tiny fingers of the president elect.

His discussion of the difficulties that Syria (and Sudan and many other hellish places) present were compelling. They will not be noticed or noted by those who mistake bluster for strength. Strength is evident in Obama's ability to maintain his equilibrium and rise above racist attacks on him and his wife by panicky white people who declared themselves "just not ready for a black president" on the evening of his landslide election. Again, the contrast with the President elect, who has the thinnest skin in the political arena, could not be sharper.

This morning we read that unemployment levels have reached a 15 year low. Obama came into office in the midst of a banking panic that was far worse than the panic that set off the great depression, and had damaged the world economy, with a loss of more than ten trillion in economic value. That panic had been ignited by careless Republican de-regulation policies and inaction by Bush's head of the SEC. While Bush agreed with the need for intervention, he lacked the leadership with his party to convince them to move. Obama provided the necessary votes, and maintained the Republican economic team to stay the course on TARP and other actions that Bush could not implement without Obama. The nation owes you a debt of gratitude. You already understand that your place in history is secure.

Do you mean the coolness and calmness that lead to one of the worst humanitarian and refugee crisis in History?. While woman and children are being slaughtered in Aleppo mr cool is talking tough with Russia for the first time because he knows he's out in three weeks.
Feckless, useless coward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 56 of 75

Jump to: