myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tips for transitioning to planing in control
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you MWOTH guys are just getting silly, at others' expense. You're not interested in learning, only in disingenuous nitpicking of wrong assumptions and your own fabrications. Have fun.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can't speak for pedantic Pelican, err Puffin Wink , but I'M quite full of finesse when there's an audience to show off to. Laughing

I've been known to be casually picking my nose (front hand or back hand, can't remember) while blasting the Kona full chat with sail pulled well overhead and body skimming the surface of the water, while pushing like blazes on that outboard rear strap to prevent an almighty pile up!

How dare you say I'm devoid of imagination. Didn't I once take a set of bagpipes out to sea on my longboard, and sit there wailing them, all to just avoid driving the neighbours mad!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
PeconicPuffin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

Those errors are called operator error. Most sailors will recognize that and not try to sail in such a bang-bang controller (look it up) mode. I guess that in addition to being a MWOTH kinda guy, you think everything has to be done in a bang-bang controller mode ... full on or full off, with no finesse allowed.

You advocate dead end, mediocre technique, and then blame the sailor when they get dead end mediocre results. That's a neat trick.

And it speaks to why FFF is taught by all windsurfing schools (and advocated by so many people in this forum.) It promotes the development of other skills. It helps the beginning and intermediate windsurfer improve. It isn't a path to operator error. It helps develop early planing skills, plane through jibe skills, plane upwind underpowered skills.

wynsurfer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone who would take bagpipes out to sea wailing them is awesome! Isobars? Rather pathetic in my book. He has proven time and time again that his sole purpose in life is to talk about himself. By his own admission he hijacked this thread.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

slinky wrote:
By his own admission he hijacked this thread. He has proven time and time again that his sole purpose in life is to talk about himself.
You're a liar, Slinky. Buh-bye.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars, you need to look inward and reflect a bit.

There's no question who has contributed the greatest number of posts on this thread. It's you. Isn't that an attempt or reach for domination and control? Let's be real, you're long past the role of being a protector of the original poster.
coachg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Coach, do you have any idea how many times, how many pages, how many thousands of words I've discussed all that in excruciating detail? Yours is just one among scores, maybe hundreds, of posts proving that you don't understand the proper way to get in the straps BFF.

Perhaps, or more likely after hundreds of posts you still don't understand the proper way to get in the straps FFF?

Coachg
wynsurfer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not me who is the liar iso. Page 11 post # 17599 Posted: 30 Oct 2016 00:12

slinky wrote:
Is this what they call a thread hijack? To which you answer:

Partially (see above). That's why I've recommended taking it to a new thread.

So you have partially hijacked the thread? Nonsense! The OP ran for the hills and has not been seen since thanks to you!
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the original poster Bostonsailor got all the info he needed before the thread became a FFF or BFF debate. Plus, the discussion includes a lot of useful info on what is needed to get going comfortably, on plane and in the straps.

If I was reading this as a novice with the same issues as Bostonsailor, I would try the FFF as the majority of posters have suggested, but would keep an open mind and maybe try BFF to see how the two feel and compare.

I would add that if you are always on the same board, with practice, getting into the straps becomes almost automatic and easy. However, since I sail 4 different boards regularly, getting into the straps is not always automatic since the strap set up on my boards are all a little different. Muscle memory keeps getting altered each time I switch boards.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: