myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
HydroShok???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arrgh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2000 11:12 pm    Post subject: HydroShok??? Reply with quote

Im thinking about investing in a HydroShok. Have you tried one? What has been your experience?
spyder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2000 11:20 pm    Post subject: RE: HydroShok??? Reply with quote

My friend at the Naish shop has been using it, he said its a really smoothes out the bumps. But its pretty pricey, like $120!
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2000 5:41 pm    Post subject: RE: HydroShok??? Reply with quote

Ive used nothing but Chinook mechanical joints for many years (with a few disappointing experiments with their various flexible hourglasses), and loved them. Their one weakness was in the lower bolt, and that weakness has been obviated by the Hydroshok. I thus expect great endurance from my Hydroshoks, and have used them for two seasons now.

I LOVE THEM. Much smoother ride in chop, deck protection in jumps, and no hourglass tension to fight when sticking Tab A in Slot B (if you use the mechanical joint.) Whats a hunnert bucks out of the countless thousands we spend on gear and travel?

For much longer threads on the Hydroshok, see rec.windsurfing.

Mike \m/
faller

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2000 11:21 am    Post subject: RE: HydroShok??? Reply with quote

I have one, and I really like it. I believe that it was designed for absorbing the chatter of rough water sailing, and bump &jump, and it does that well. I also like it on my widestyle board in winds over 12 mph or so, as it saves the mast base pounding the deck in chop. Ive modified mine a bit so that the shock absorption works on both up and down compression and this makes it kind of like the shock absorbers on a mountain bike.
They arent cheap, so if you are budget-conscious or if this will be your only base, think about it carefully.
Ellen
Arrgh

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2000 6:44 pm    Post subject: Thanks everyone Reply with quote

Im especially interested in your modification, faller. Chinook might be too.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2000 5:08 pm    Post subject: RE: HydroShok??? Reply with quote

rec.windsurfing is a USENET Newsgroup ... a bulletin board forum much like this one but probably 100 times more active. If its not available from your provider and they will not provide it, its time to get a new provider.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: