myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Wanted: Windwing Synthesis 9.0

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thombiz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:57 am    Post subject: Wanted: Windwing Synthesis 9.0 Reply with quote

Anyone have a Windwing Synthesis 9.0 they would like to get rid of? I don't mind if it needs a bunch of panels replaced. Let me know. Since I plan to rebuild the sail, it can be shipped in the sail bag. I'll send a prepaid FedEx sticker to attach. Let me know thombiz AT yahoo
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2003 Windwing 7.0 Synthesis with a damaged panel that I retired back in 2007. Yet, I still kept it, because it was such an awesome sail. Some months ago, I unrolled it and checked it out when I was cleaning out my shed, and I remembered it fondly. If it wasn't for the fact that I really like my newer Sailworks 7.0 Retro so much, I would have the Synthesis repaired. Needless to say, I'm still keeping it into the future. If need be, it can easily be resurrected.

It's hard to find such a well designed monofilm sail today. It was so light and slippery, especially since I used mine camberless. I can see why you would want to resurrect a Synthesis 9.0. The Synthesis line was one of Bill Hansen's best efforts.
thombiz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly as my way of thinking, but I will put x-ply in place of all that monofilm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: