myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Drain the swamp or different alligators?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no problem with charter schools proving themselves by taking only the failures and the handicapped first. To date no private charter schools have shown they can absorb all kids. they only want the kids that are doing fine.
feuser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
Mac... It is truly amazing who is getting appointed to key positions. I had hoped Trump would just hire the best, not happening... Loyalists, fundraisers, sycophants getting key jobs... Amway, a pyramid scheme gets Department of Education- remarkable..

Yet you were so unmoved when Senator Obama drained Wall street for his team in 2009 and put friends and fundraisers in key positions. Since Nov 4, when Hillary was a lock, Dow up 1250 points. In the past you have always loudly linked market performance to a successful Administration. Yet no daily ON FIRE! updates now? Be an adult, measure them on results not Jill Stein's blog.

The pre-election insecurity that depressed the markets is gone now. The upswing can hardly be credited to Trump's achievements, can it?

I do agree that Obama was not ruining a fiscally progressive agenda - although some people here are still convinced he's a Marxist. Working closely with experts in the finance industry in January 2009 to figure out how to stop the bleeding does seem different from the auctioning-off of cabinet positions that's going on today - both in motive and context.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hillary was the auction queen while Sec. of State, pay to play, I can only imagine what form her cabinet selection process would consist of if she won.
real-human

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Hillary was the auction queen while Sec. of State, pay to play, I can only imagine what form her cabinet selection process would consist of if she won.

too funny trump has already said he can make his business deals with other countries when he is president... and has had his kids involved in his calls to top leaders making sure they have those leaders numbers for special insider involvement.

again the right wing had a special prosecutor over jimmy carter and his dealings with his peanut farm..... that he put in a full blind trust.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For you small thinkers, Trump doesn't need or want any more money. His holdings are too vast and complicated to liquidate. He's criticized Janet Yelen. Trump said we need higher interest rates. This would kill Trump and help the middle class savers. Why would he fight agaist the 1 benefit that has made him rich?
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know Bard, looking back on the past, higher interest rates always went hand in hand with higher inflation rates. Also, it's worth noting that higher inflation rates never helped the average American saver. Most normal folks aren't saving money. They spend what they make.
real-human

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
For you small thinkers, Trump doesn't need or want any more money. His holdings are too vast and complicated to liquidate. He's criticized Janet Yelen. Trump said we need higher interest rates. This would kill Trump and help the middle class savers. Why would he fight agaist the 1 benefit that has made him rich?

you liar liar pants on fire. You have no insight to his financial wealth. He never allowed his taxes to be revealed...

In all probability he is not worth much, no rich person gets involved with a fake trumped up university scam. Stupid steaks, sits with mob people at ringside and lies to say they never met them, does not pay small time contractors that do 100k of work for ya and on and on. You have no insight to what his loans and what he owes. He has filed bankruptcy how many times?

techno900

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler said:
Quote:
Most normal folks aren't saving money. They spend what they make.

I should ask, why do you think this is happening?

Clearly, there are those on the bottom end that struggle to keep a roof over their head and food in their stomachs, but many on that end of the social curve still have smart phones and cable TV. How much more food could you put on the table with a flip phone and Antenna TV each month?

I was raised in a financially conservative family and that carried over. I have always lived well within my means and have saved a significant percentage of my income (wife too). So now in retirement, Social Security is essentially unneeded. So many today are caught up in living a life style that is well beyond their financial means. Live big now and screw the future seems to be current way of thinking, so do I feel sorry for them? Not a bit since they chose their own destiny.

So how do you fix the problem? Here is one example established by my Financial Advisor: http://rosenfoundation.org/our-mission/
Quote:

“We are supporting the establishment of a mindset of financial responsibility and economic security for all members of the community. Too often, people aren’t taught how to accumulate assets. They are instead taught how to make it from paycheck to paycheck – which means that they are at best being taught how to get by. Teaching people to be truly financially secure is a different goal – one to which we are strongly dedicated.”
–  Jonathan D. Rosen

Too bad, and how sad it is that our schools don't teach this, but at the same time, it's no surprise. The kids get this for free from the donations given to the foundation. One that I support. Check out the web site and see if you can help the cause.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G...just for you!!!! MARKET ON FIRE!!!! I am loving this Draining the Swamp thing....holy chowda....Get me a Goldman Sachs fella who bought IndyMac with 6 BILLION from the taxpayers, then flipped it for a $2B profit...Ditto at Commerce..Bought BankUnited with YUGE taxpayer investment, then flip it public for a 1.5B profit....Maybe today we get Mittens...This is like the 1920's!!!! Hopefully the nice people in Western PA, and Northern WI are feeling the Trumpster like this liberal bastard is...... Very Happy
mat-ty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By all accounts Ross and Mnuchin are excellent picks. Two highly competent people. Sit back and watch this economy grow now that the adults are in charge, not the tax and regulate nitwits that have held us back.
Like Ross said this morning "most banks have more compliance officers than Loan officers".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 2 of 41

Jump to: