myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I am getting this error all most constantly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The forecast bar on the Dynamic Graph has long been the most accurate forecast (as long as you add 10 mph to it) I get from iW for my usual haunts. Fortunately it's still going good in WAP. (I don't understand the comment about WAP costing money. Nobody's billed me for it over the 10+ years I've used it.
loopless

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a heads up on this seeing "Loading...." on a wind map page.

When using Safari on a Mac, AdBlocker needs to be disabled for wx.iwindsurf.com domain or it prevents the Wind Map page loading.
jmakers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:12 pm    Post subject: Oldstyle Dynamic graph "Loading ..." (but not loading) Reply with quote

@loopless: Are you saying that you are successfully viewing the "Dynamic" graph on the oldstyle website
as opposed to this frustrating "Loading ..." result:

Loading....png
 Description:
 Filesize:  51.34 KB
 Viewed:  19048 Time(s)

Loading....png

loopless

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Oldstyle Dynamic graph "Loading ..." (but not loading) Reply with quote

jmakers wrote:
@loopless: Are you saying that you are successfully viewing the "Dynamic" graph on the oldstyle website
as opposed to this frustrating "Loading ..." result:

I just checked the "dynamic old style" and it shows the "loading" without showing any graph. I assume they can't be bothered to fix those old pages. It's unfortunate as I think they show the data you need in a more compact manner.

I disabled Ad Block on that page and still no luck.

I was referring to the "new" Wind Map page on WindAlert based web site.
jmakers

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:59 pm    Post subject: Spoiled rotten by the old code :-) Reply with quote

Thanks for the clarification, loopless.

Boohoo Crying or Very sad Now the "Dynamic Graph" link has been replaced with a "New Dynamic Graph" link.

I will hold out hope and faith Rolling Eyes that somewhere, someone is considering a way to recycle the old page code into the new so that us folks who hang on the wind's every move can hover (or some other HID interaction) to see exactly what happened (or is happening) with more precision than graphics can portray --

For example: with the arrows, I can see the wind direction changed -- did it change at 3:05 or 3:15? Did it change by 5 degrees or 15 degrees? These kinds of things matter to some of us! WE LIKE the numbers -- not just rough pretty pictorial representations. There is a "Download" button -- thank iWindsurf/Weatherflow for that -- I may have to use that some time when I'm really determined to analyze the day's wind, but I have become quite accustomed/addicted/spoiled by the old page's Dynamic graph and truly hope its functionality can return someday -- and I believe from the other posts here I am not alone.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAP.

One click and there's a list of the time, wind direction in compass rose plus degrees, and average/gust/lull wind speed for every 5 minutes over the past three hours ... PLUS the same data in graphic form, current air temp, and pressure ... for whatever site I want. I decide whether to drive to the river that day, select/rig/tune my sail, and select my board and fin all by that data.
jmakers

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: WAP -- you are my sunshine Reply with quote

Yes -- WAP is boss

I have noticed sometimes lately it resets itself around 2pm -- such that after 2 pm, I don't see the readings from before 2 pm (HST, which corresponds to 0:00 UTC); this seemed to start happening around the same time the old-style Dynamic graph started failing Shocked (which also had a mysterious reference to 2pm while it was loading (see pic in previous message, "loading" graph starts at 12/31 2 pm, which is 1/1 0:00 UTC)) -- which has me a bit worried about the future of the WAP system ... for which I've been paying the extra premium service for many years, but now I see they don't advertise the WAP as part of the services, so I'm getting very worried Sad

Please don't take my sunshine (WAP) away!

Idea Surely it can't be too hard to reprogram this data-rich functionality in more modern webserver code, if needed (i.e., if the sysadmins are railing against WAP), for those of us wishing to see and interpret digital numbers. Smile
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I NEED iWindsurf for only one function: detailed wind data for now and the past hour or so at my favored sites (we can get forecasts from many sources, and even their handy dynamic graph forecast bar has been bested lately). The minute they make those data obsolete, difficult to obtain (I check them every few minutes when rigging or contemplating rigging or derigging or inhaling or exhaling), or force us to use websites cluttered with ads I have to dig through is the minute I take my football (i.e., my money) and go away.

I don't even look at wind data or forecasts from now (today's high: 32 degrees. That clinking sound I hear is the Columbia River cooling down rapidly) until the water temp hits 48 degrees again in April. But with this forewarning, I guess I'll pick up my cell phone once every few weeks and tap my iWAP icon. When it stops giving me data and they haven't replaced it with something equally simple and efficient, we're done. There are certainly many forums more deserving of my time. Even this full iW website is broken, as it will take me the usual 3 to 10 tries just to post this message.

Start paying attention, iW. All the sensors and fancy graphics in the world won't thicken the thin ice you're skating on.

I'll shut up now and log off and back on AGAIN (it's been < 15 minutes) in the hopes that will slay your posting gremlin.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: