myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Mistral Wave Score V88

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jada

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 5:52 pm    Post subject: Mistral Wave Score V88 Reply with quote

Any experience with the Mistral Wave Score V88? Im looking at this board for a bump and jump/ all-around board for 4.5 to 6.5. I weigh 160 IBS and am high intermediate to advanced.

I want good handling, fast jibing, decent speed, great air-time.

Want to be able to get back to the beach when the wind stops.
spyder

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2001 7:54 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Wave Score V88 Reply with quote

It sounds like you want a B&J style board, not necessarily a wave board. More like a convertible. The wave board will seem pretty slow due to the heavy rocker, whereas the convertible has less rocker.

If you like Mistral, look at the Flow 266. This would cover the range you mention the best (there is Flow 276 as well). I know people with Flows and they really like them.

I really like my F2 Axxis 262, which is a convertible. I can do flat/b&J/waves with this. Although its a bit slow for flat.

Another cool board is the Naish Freeride 86 (about 261).
jada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 1:37 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Wave Score V88 Reply with quote

ACtually, the Score V88 doesnt have that much rocker. I have looked at it on the floor and its pretty much a slalom rocker. Very round outline, light construction. Anyone know this board and how it sails?
spyder

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 2:38 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Wave Score V88 Reply with quote

Ill ask my friend, I know he has access to them, I probably he has sailed it.
jada

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2001 6:06 pm    Post subject: RE: Mistral Wave Score V88 Reply with quote

Thanks, I appreciate the efforts and response.
spyder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2001 12:33 am    Post subject: RE: Mistral Wave Score V88 Reply with quote

I checked the shop today. The Wave v88 got good remarks from a australian guy that has one. He thought it was a good board. Quick to plane and fast turner.
Good trick board. He liked it.

One thought though, I checked the Mistral specs, and they recommend a sail range of 4.7 to 6.3 on that board.

However the FLow 266 they recommend 4.5 - 6.5
which is more of what you wanted. Personally I would go for the Flow. But the Wave v88 is totally cool as well.

Both boards are near bombproof construction.

I still have one guy to ask.
jada

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2001 10:28 am    Post subject: RE: Mistral Wave Score V88 Reply with quote

I sailed the Wave Score V88 for hte first time last week in Florida neaer Cape San Blas. I could scootch in on to a plane in winds 12 gusting to 15 MPH with a 6.0 sail. ONce on plane, it held really well - doesnt drop off easy. JIbes easy as well.

To point upwind, you have to ride the fin hard or use gently edge it up - it is sensitive going up wind. Drops off a plane quickly if you arent careful when going upwind.

Speed is excellent. Once you are locked into the straps and put pressure on the fin it flies.

Feels light. You have to stay in the middle for tacking. WHen its schlogging its easy to balance. When there is NO wind (dead calm) you have to water hula really good.

I weigh 165, am an intermediate to advanced sailor.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: