myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pacific Sails

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alvargs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2001 6:23 pm    Post subject: Pacific Sails Reply with quote

Has anyone heard of Pacific sails? I saw them at a store in Minnesota for really cheap. The high end sails are only $299 and the recreational sails are $149 brand new.

Apparently they are made in Germany. I have never heard of them until now.

Has anyone ever sailed them, heard anything good or bad? For the price, they are hard to pass up.

Thanks
metalrock

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2001 10:11 pm    Post subject: RE: Pacific Sails Reply with quote

I sail on a Bic Metal rock a 140 liter board and have a 8.2 V-Max. This sail is a power house in light to moderate wind( up to 15 knots)It fails in Heavy or gusty air and is relativaly heavy compared to high end stuff. Overall not a bad buy. DO NOT BUY LESS THAN A V-MAX!!!!!
gregknopf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2001 4:21 pm    Post subject: RE: Pacific Sails Reply with quote

Ive got a couple of Pacific Phazes, 6.5 and 5.0. I like the 6.5 quite a bit, though the quality of construction is not stellar. However, it is light, fairly stable, and Im not too worried about it getting a little torn up b/c its cheap anyway. It is tough to get the leech loose enough, and the overall shape is a little too flat, but its fun. I say if youre an intermediate, save the bucks and dont worry about it getting banged up, eh? If you need really good performance, you should probably forget Pacific.

Adios,
GK
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2001 6:42 pm    Post subject: RE: Pacific Sails Reply with quote

The short answer: Any good make of 1995 sail will run rings around a 2001 cheap sail. Youll spend more time chasing your center of effort than sailing when the wind reaches the levels the good sails are built for. Heck, read the WS Mag Pacific Sail reviews posted in the catalog: Well suited to intermediate sailors dialing in footstraps! So what are you gonna buy to sail on NEXT month?

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: