myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Election 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP...I'm not sure you did it on purpose, or you willfully intended to deceive the 5 or 6 people on these pages...But, you quoted a worldwide tax evasion figure, along with a US healthcare figure.... In fact, the US is way down the list when it comes to tax evasion...Brazil Russia, and many European nations put us to shame. I know Canada is as pure as the white snow on the slopes of Revelstoke, but at some point you might want to step off your high horse.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsy, I know this will come as a shock to a banker/ lifetime liberal/ resident of a sanctuary city/ Hillary Clinton supporter, but complaining about law breakers does not require a seat on a horse of lofty stature.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
Boggsy, I know this will come as a shock to a banker/ lifetime liberal/ resident of a sanctuary city/ Hillary Clinton supporter, but complaining about law breakers does not require a seat on a horse of lofty stature.

I agree...but please keep it all in context...Misquoting an article, and distorting the facts detracts from the central theme of the argument. The main reason the tax rates are high in this country is because the big whigs can write off more than a lower marginal rate would benefit them...Take Trumpsters $915 Million dollar write off in the early 90's....he's probably still carrying that non cash loss.
BTW- I don't think my small leafy Marin County town is a sanctuary city...maybe..
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggs, I never made a claim that Canada is pure. I compete in an industry rife with tax cheats and corruption. If not participating in this criminal act is perceived as riding a high horse then I'll ride it. It feels so good to sleep at night even while being audited. If you wish to deprive those less fortunate by not contributing your share of taxes, say the school system, while you're boasting of banking enough money of the latest rally to send the kids to Cornell. I just don't happen to agree, nor do I try to justify it by comparing to corporations and their tax behaviour, or an inefficient government and their waste.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NP...Its a solid argument...No push back here. However, I do pay a lot of taxes...And in California, property taxes fund public education for the most part, so I'm certainly helping there...In fact I'm supporting school systems that my kids don't even attend! NP...California is also home to 11 million undocumented...and over the past 25 years, I have heard horror stories that you couldn't even imagine...so I have zero guilt when I help children of good friends attend college, or live a better life..zero. Nobody is getting deprived of anything due to my actions, quite the contrary....
KGB-NP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever it takes to justify your indiscretions, you go with that....
BTW, just yanking your chain. I know you're a good egg.....for a tax evader, that is....😜
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I could take some of my ill gotten gains and join you in the Chili Bowl next April....!!!
real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
Baja, this might help you find where my quote came from:
http://www.taxjustice.net/2014/04/01/cost-tax-abuse-2011/

The original premise dealing with taxes was just that we all likely pay higher taxes because others ignore, cheat, or illegally manipulate our tax system of trillions of dollars. swchandler didn't seem to think so, so I posted material that originated from the Tax Justice Network to prove my point.

THEN, your warped mind got entwined in the debate, which typically sidetracks the issue into the twilight zone. As usual you are COMPELLED to have the final word, which will be proven when you respond to this post. This will be my final post on this issue.

as I said what did you do for a living? my gosh your conclusions are so pathetic. Again they are speaking from around the world. Not specific to methods of individual nations in this report. daaaaaaaaaaaa.... you are such a low level thinker... Seems maybe I found another trust fund kid on this forum. ya figure....

Yep in most nations it is not the use of offshore accounts because they do not have the apples, the GEs and so on of the world.... get it, clueless... this article you put forward to argue your point is not even close to supporting your wacamo argument. get it moron.... low level thinker....

another example is the right wing hero Putin, just like most dictators that are right wingers, now the richest man in the world, he does not offshore his money you moron. And we know he never paid taxes on anything but the salary he makes of what $188,000 a year income. But he is the worlds wealthiest. again what did you do for a living, trust fund kid... certainly did not have the thought process to be anything but a trust fund kid.

real-human

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

right wingers love this guy...

Quote:
Putin to Democratic Party: You lost. Get over it.

“They need to learn to lose with dignity,” the Russian president told journalists at his annual press conference. “Trump understood the mood of the people and kept going until the end, when nobody believed in him,” Putin said, adding with a wry smile, “except for you and me.”

real-human

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.reuters.tv/v/0Tt/2017/02/21/energized-left-gears-up-to-battle-trump

record recruiting because trump elected.

A non equivalent was when Obama was elected the KKK, neo, skin, militia types has record recruiting. And the right wing was proud of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30
Page 30 of 30

Jump to: