myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Where We Sailed Today
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 327, 328, 329  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: #20 Crissy on Monday Reply with quote

Short and sweet. Get down there with people coming out of the water overpowered so I rig 4.3 and off I go. Almost perfect, very flat inside with little swell outside. In and out , up and down, I get trapped between the two ferries (jibe, and jibe again, and again) than a biggy one joins the surroundering, and finally a pilot ship forms a nice trapezoid around me ... it is fun, I guess, trying to escape the siege.

Than the wind drops, suddenly and it is displacement to the beach from way out, and I call the day even if there are indications that the wind might be coming back Shocked A few disappointed frowning people on the beach ... but it is Crissy: people seem to tend to frown! maybe it is the cold Very Happy
bert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: Oyster on Wednesday Reply with quote

Cloudy, drizzly Wednesday in most parts of the Bay. Another Kona longboard session with a 7.3 North. Wind was in the low teens for much of Oysters and Tigers but the water was so incredibly smooth due to the slack tide which made today's ride so nice. Board was in plane mode when the wind inched close to 15. Still not entirely comfortable in the straps when planing because it's so far aft relative to the rest of the board..probably need to make some adjustments. Getting back to the launch in the offshore wind was easy with the dagger down.

oyster kona.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  1.64 MB
 Viewed:  10621 Time(s)

oyster kona.jpg

dvCali

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:17 pm    Post subject: #21 Crissy on Thursday Reply with quote

Pretty bad conditions at Crissy, out at 2:45 with 5.0/85 slogging to a non existent wind line and then back ... a few times ... eventually the wind comes up I get a few good runs ... and then it goes away ... then it comes back and it stays up for a nice 30' or so ... then it drops and I call the day.

Too bad because there is a rather big swell coming in from the Ocean where it is blowing strong, a 6.0 might have worked a bit better but possibly not ... Coyote was steady 4.0-4.5 today Shocked

Still fun, sunny. warm ... although ... let's face it: Crissy sucks!
bert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Palo Alto on Thursday Reply with quote

Good 5.0/100L session today at the local pond. Wind was at 16 when I entered the water at 1 pm and reached 23 when the muddogs started showing up after 3 pm at the start of ebb. It's my 7th straight day of sailing and my aching body is telling me to take a break tomorrow. May hit the gym for some stretching, the sauna, and to ogle at the pretty young women working out (I ain't dead yet). Smile
windward1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:46 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges 04-27-2017 Reply with quote

Sea Lion 7'-6" and 0.0 Sail

Grandpa's day at the beach with 3 year old granddaughter.

IMG_5063.JPG
 Description:
Started Out Like This:
 Filesize:  1.03 MB
 Viewed:  10484 Time(s)

IMG_5063.JPG

IMG_5066.JPG
 Description:
Soon Became This:
 Filesize:  763.75 KB

IMG_5066.JPG

IMG_5082.JPG
 Description:
Post Session Celebration!:
 Filesize:  960.73 KB

IMG_5082.JPG

dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:13 pm    Post subject: #22 Coyote on Friday Reply with quote

Having been reminded of how much Crissy can suck (especially on a north westerly) I took the drive to Coyote for ... a fantastic 5.0/85 day. Starts a bit weak at 3:15, and it drops a bit, go back to take a little break and see what it is doing and then back out with Robert joining in. Weak first, but than it really comes up: steady, strong with nice swell on the outside, it is starting to ebb and the waves are bigger, you can really play with them. Little by little people join outside and by end of the day there is good dozen sailors out and 1 kiter. I stop at 6 but the wind is still going strong.

Fun fun fun Very Happy although you pay for it with the ride to and back in the traffic ...
bert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:20 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Saturday Reply with quote

Had planned on taking a few days off because of lower back issues, but it was such a nice warm day I decided to go to Coyote to chit chat with the Coyote crowd and to do some light wind exercises close to shore on a 4.7..just to loosen up my bones. However, once I got into the water at around 3 pm, I was lured further and further out towards the channel by the whitecaps and the promise of more wind. Sure enough, 2 miles out I was planing. The 4.7 was just enough sail and the 110 enough volume to go into plane mode in 16-17 mph wind. It's weird..my back pain disappeared and my body feels normal again Very Happy. The wind picked up after 4 pm and I was able to come in planing. Most everyone was on 5.5 to 6.0 sails.
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:40 am    Post subject: #23 Stick on Saturday Reply with quote

Nice slalom day at the Stick. The wind at 2:30 is strong enough to rig 5.8 and take the CA 52 out, and stays up strongly until around 4:45 when it drops quite significantly. Very much fun, and I am still surprised by how fast the Point-7 sail is. Besides the GPS results (broke 31 knots the second time out) I am clearly going faster than last year.

Lots of people around, most just for fun, plus freestylers, and Robert, Vincent and I on Slalom gear.

Beautiful day: sunny, blue sky, good wind. Very Happy
bert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:42 pm    Post subject: Coyote on Sunday Reply with quote

Still have lower back pain, but sailed anyway during my usual 1-3 pm tea time sailing session. 17 mph SFO wind but only 10-12 on the inside. Power sailing in the channel during flood tide on the 6.6 Hucker and the 110 Firemove, yet still enough power in the sail to keep the board planing on the inside. Sailing big is probably not the best therapy for my sciatica, but hell, we windsurfers are tough hombres..unlike those sissy kiters. Wink
dvCali

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: #24 Stick on Sunday Reply with quote

Yet another nice slalom day at the Stick. Yesterday's Carbon Copy, 5.8 powered up, including the wind drop around 4:30.

Beautiful day with even more people than yesterday, at least 20-25 out with little parking left around. Fun to chat and see so many familiar faces!

It will be sad to loose this place when they build their monster parking lot and shopping center ... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 176, 177, 178 ... 327, 328, 329  Next
Page 177 of 329

Jump to: