myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Original Windsurfer parts
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katiedog

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did not receive any PM from you ,did you get the one I sent you?
npiankov

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what happened to the PM'ing thing, one message got lost, another shows in my sentbox, but not sure if it went anywhere.

I did try out the kit on Sunday at our lake. All I can say is that I have HUGE respect for all who learned on this stuff and sailed it for both fun and competitions. I am a good windsurfer, sail all the time, and I had a lot of trouble handling this thing in gusty conditions. The moving center of effort on the sail was a real PITA, I had lots of trouble keeping this thing stable. As a result, my board was turning and that was obviously leading to more trouble, with the front part of the sail going to S-shape and oh man... 10 minutes of sailing this thing took as much energy as jumping around for an hour on my freestyle kit.

Well, I do want to practice with it some more to see if I can get it to behave better. I can see the utility of the high-wind dagger - it was railing way too much in the gusts. Smile Plus I would benefit from a proper mast insert - the one I made to replace it came out on a couple of occasions. Can you email me at npiankov at yahoo? I'd like to work out getting those pieces from you!
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try the windsurfer when it's less windy. Around 10 mph, it can keep up quite well with "newer" longboards and sails. Once it goes above 15, it becomes a struggle, and the Cats with sails from the late 80s onward will leave it in the dust (and be a lot more fun).
katiedog

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mast step, High wind DB's ,+ on the way . I suggested duct tape for seating mast foot securely . Any of you Original Windsurfers have other tips for Nikita?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: