myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Pope hammers religious in name only right wingers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real-human

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Pope hammers religious in name only right wingers Reply with quote

hmm talking about trump? or many on this forum?
too funny this covers most of the religious right of even this forum... nice to hear a Pope being this direct to these haters like the canadian hater

Quote:

The subject of Francis’s homily at the daily Mass was hypocrisy. He criticized the “scandal” of “saying one thing and doing another.”

Many of these hypocrites, Francis implied, according to the Vatican’s text of his homily, are Catholics who act rigorously in their ritual observance but don’t apply the religion’s values to their lives. “A totally double life: ‘I am very Catholic, I always go to Mass, I belong to this association and that one; but my life is not Christian, I don’t pay my workers a just wage, I exploit people, I am dirty in my business, I launder money …’ A double life. And so many Christians are like this, and these people scandalize others.”

He then quoted a sentiment that he said he has heard expressed repeatedly: “But to be a Catholic like that, it’s better to be an atheist.”

He remarked soon after becoming pope that even atheists can go to heaven thanks to the redemption of Jesus. He granted an interview to an atheist journalist, and told the reporter that efforts to convert people to Christianity are “solemn nonsense” and each person “must choose to follow the good and fight evil as he conceives them.

gee is fighting evil like fighting racists? fighting right wingers? or are they one and the same?

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHMYGOD!!

You mean there are people who profess to be religious but who actually MISBEHAVE?, as in slaughter whole races, stone their own daughters to death, rape little boys, eat meat, or fart on Sunday ?

Like 1.5 B Muslims? 1.2 B Catholics? A zillion other biblethumpers of various stripes and colors? 100M U.S. liberals whose mantra is "YOU'RE A RACIST HOMOPHOBE"?

AND THE POPE CRITICIZES THEM?

My GOD ... why hadn't anyone told us this before? Why was this being kept a secret? Where's the media in all this?

fugging idiot!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talking about un Christian actions - when I was 11 years old I couldn't understand why Jesus caught ( or caused to be caught, killed, and eaten) fish?

We would sing in morning assembly such hymns as 'All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small.' (The lord God made them all etc.) So why were fish an exception?

But when we grow up we quickly realise that life is full of contradictions, and people get annoyed if you point them out! Some, in simplistic reasoning even believe that ALL conservative right wingers wear black hats, and are stupid, and are evil personified.

They frequently screech it so!
nw30

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, black hats, I want one!
I rather be a deplorable than an insufferable.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GURGLETROUSERS wrote:
Talking about un Christian actions - when I was 11 years old I couldn't understand why Jesus caught ( or caused to be caught, killed, and eaten) fish?

We would sing in morning assembly such hymns as 'All things bright and beautiful, all creatures great and small.' (The lord God made them all etc.) So why were fish an exception?

But when we grow up we quickly realise that life is full of contradictions, and people get annoyed if you point them out! Some, in simplistic reasoning even believe that ALL conservative right wingers wear black hats, and are stupid, and are evil personified.

They frequently screech it so!

Conservatives are not as smart as liberals. Just far more practical.

I just found out that my "liberal for life" brother voted for Trump. We all had heart attacks. He's a very smart guy. Laughing
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
Yeah, black hats, I want one!
I rather be a deplorable than an insufferable.

actually you are both.... make sure your hat has both....

real-human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I grew up in the Westboro Baptist Church. Here's why I left

Quote:
What's it like to grow up within a group of people who exult in demonizing ... everyone else? Megan Phelps-Roper shares details of life inside America's most controversial church and describes how conversations on Twitter were key to her decision to leave it. In this extraordinary talk, she shares her personal experience of extreme polarization, along with some sharp ways we can learn to successfully engage across ideological lines.

http://www.ted.com/talks/megan_phelps_roper_i_grew_up_in_the_westboro_baptist_church_here_s_why_i_left?utm_source=newsletter_weekly_2017-03-11&utm_campaign=newsletter_weekly&utm_medium=email&utm_content=talk_of_the_week_button

Quote:
Megan Phelps-Roper
Writer, activist
A former member of Westboro Baptist Church, Megan Phelps-Roper is now a writer and educator on topics related to extremism, bullying and empathy in dialogue

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're mentally unhinged like yourself Baja. Equals in idiocy.
real-human

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalibuGuru wrote:
They're mentally unhinged like yourself Baja. Equals in idiocy.

well trust fund boy., I certainly will not be listening to anything you think... I mean it is for sure you are intellectually a idiot. That has been proven time and time again. after all you voted for a admitted sexual predator. you voted for pussy molester and wife beater...

So again why would anyone respect your opinion, you pussy grabber enabler..

real-human

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/5/24/1665488/-Donald-Trump-s-laughably-uncomfortable-meeting-and-gift-exchange-with-Pope-Francis

Pope Francis: "A person who thinks only about building walls...and not building bridges is not Christian."

Quote:
In presence of pool reporters @POTUS said to @Pontifex it's "a very great honor." The pope did not say anything. He did not smile.

Quote:
Francis gave the U.S. president a copy of his 2015 encyclical calling for urgent, drastic cuts in fossil-fuel emissions after a half-hour meeting in his private study.

Francis’s choice of gift suggests he is adding his voice to those pressing Trump not to renege on the Paris accord, which is the cornerstone of global efforts to limit climate change. The Vatican said in a statement that the talks focused on international affairs and the promotion of peace, with particular emphasis on health care, education and immigration.

“Thank you, thank you,” Trump told Francis as they shook hands after the meeting. “I won’t forget what you said.” Trump has said climate change might be a hoax perpetrated by the Chinese.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: