myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
2 foot straps on back of my board?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
galeforce79

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2001 9:41 pm    Post subject: 2 foot straps on back of my board? Reply with quote

maybe its the minimal wind conditions im sailing in but it seems to me that there shouldnt be two foot straps on the back of my board. when i plane out and try to put my foot in the back foot strap, i get in fine but the board turns over a little and i get really wet, will this change in higher wind? also what is an advantage to having one footstrap in the center on the back rather than having the two? any help would be great
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2001 5:55 pm    Post subject: RE: 2 foot straps on back of my board? Reply with quote

Youll figure it out. It all comes with TOW. Most of your weight should be in the harness and thus the mastfoot when planing, not out on the rail. A single, center rear strap aids maneuvering, something well in your future at present. Straps out towards the rail, OTOH, aid planing upwind, something you need to be able to do at your stage of advancement.
srr37

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2001 7:37 pm    Post subject: RE: 2 foot straps on back of my board? Reply with quote

Placing your back foot closer to the center and further forward helps when underpowered,for novice sailors and also wave riding(1 strap).
Putting your back foot back and closer to the edge of the board is better for powered up speed sailing(2 straps).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: