myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Idiot kiters and windsurfers at Stevenson/Blackberry Beach
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Idiot kiters and windsurfers at Stevenson/Blackberry Beach Reply with quote

There are some reports of IDIOTS kiting/windsurfing in the scoop zone.

The scoop pilots are excellent, but their focus is safety and the job of putting out fires. They are looking at the water, not IDIOTS who are kiting and windsurfing in the scoop zone.

Think about something/somebody else besides yourself.

Stay FAR away from the scoop zone.

Better yet, go play someplace else.

597381f5537c8.image.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.72 KB
 Viewed:  27373 Time(s)

597381f5537c8.image.jpg

westender

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strange they can't find a better place than Stevenson? Rolling Eyes Bad idea. From the red buoy to HV would make a little more sense.
hilton08

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where is this scoop zone?
How are we supposed to know if we are idiots?
Didn't see any scooping at Stevenson today.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject: Hilton, don't be daft. Reply with quote

The scoop zone is wherever the pilots choose at any given moment time over the entirety of the "lake" that extends from Wind Mt. to Cascade Locks. Because they are white-knuckling to do a job, and a puny human with a water toy is a 3rd class consideration for them.

The fact that there is no map of a scoop zone is no excuse for you being a hazard wherever you are on this lake.

You're an IDIOT if you get anywhere near the planes.

Go play someplace else.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:
The scoop zone is wherever the pilots choose at any given moment time over the entirety of the "lake" that extends from Wind Mt. to Cascade Lock ...

and to the 3-Mile Canyon lagoon and anywhere else any public or safety officials so decree. Some people (not the guys here asking questions) just don't understand that public safety trumps their fun, while others simply aren't smart enough to realize that getting out of the way of big airplanes (or Navy ships) is highly advised.
ImmigrantJesus

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Biff - you must understand that many of the people sailing/kiting at Stevenson are so covered in safety gear themselves that they are nearly blind to their surroundings - it would not surprise me if they could not even hear or see what was going on! Shocked
westender

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be all over that TMW. Will ask at the Port!! Portland was insane with smoke today Exclamation Will have the Dangler pass the word at East Point.
H2OJoe

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's such a shame that mainstream society has infiltrated our community with such judgmental opinions/hate. Yes, many of those who visit here in the summer are "kooks" and not used to our wind or conditions but they are our brothers/sisters of the sport and should be EDUCATED, not chastised. What is common sense to us isn't necessarily apparent to our visiting brethren. Show them the way! In a positive/friendly way. They will appreciate it.
biffmalibu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: I was being gentle. Reply with quote

"IDIOT" is a compliment compared to "A-HOLE".

Any insulting hyperbole that gets people to pay attention (and maybe save a life) is not something I will ever regret or be ashamed of. Hurting feelings is the least of my cares when it comes to safety and life and death. Somebody has to have the nuts to broach the subject. It is astounding to me that anybody gets near those planes. We do not live in a video game or TV show!

Truly, anybody who gets close enough to one of those planes to make the pilot sweat the scoop is a grade "A" A-HOLE, whether local or tourista. Their job is hard enough as it is. Don't make them think about taking you out in the process. Go play someplace else.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Re: I was being gentle. Reply with quote

biffmalibu wrote:
Any insulting hyperbole that gets people to pay attention (and maybe save a life) is not something I will ever regret or be ashamed of. Hurting feelings is the least of my cares when it comes to safety and life and death.

100% in agreement. Nothing wrong with starting with cookies and milk, but when that fails and the issue is serious, it's time to make one's point in clear, urgent, unforgettable terms. Too many people think life is a party or a video game and that anyone who takes anything seriously or interferes with their party is a Hater. "Hate/Hater" has taken over the lexicon.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: