myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Uphaul-able board for a heavyweight intermediate sailor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dmilovich

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tough challenge wanting large volume to use in shallow water. Couple of solutions, one I've used and one I've only read about:
1. Find a board that has a tri-fin set up that you can tune for shallow water. Don't know of any in the volume range you need, except Exocet X-Longboard, available in 10'6 and 11'6, but are more floaty and narrower than you might want for easy uphauling in chop. Upside is they both glide well for non-planing and also plane and jibe well, based on my testing. There may be others.

2. Black Project makes the Delta Rene Egli fin for shallow conditions. Don't know how they jibe, but the larger ones handle good size sails.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At your weight, a 151 Carve might be even better than a 141 as a kind of all purpose board. Stick one of those Delta Rene Egli fins in that baby and enjoy! Another possibility is the old HiFly MADD 138 or 162. A rare twin
design that wasn't mushy for big guys in shallow bays and small waves.

-Craig
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And unless you're eight feet tall or solid muscle with a 34" waist, I strongly encourage you to study and try the ketogenic diet. A quick, safe, sustainable loss of all of your excess (and largely carcinogenic) fat is just one of its many powerful, documented health and athletic benefits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: