myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Las Vegas
Goto page Previous  1, 2
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 9598

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
swchandler wrote:
I question that conclusion. Once others took over Trump's casinos, they were able to again profit.

You have to look deeper at how Trump mismanaged his finances and debt obligations. Also, it's important to remember that Trump screwed a lot of folks to escape from his casino disasters.


Far more complicated than that SWC. The banks were big boys, and Trump saved thousands of jobs. Almost all NJ casinos went BK in those days.


You can't explain this to a liberal, most have never run a business and have no idea how hard it is..


Always good for a laugh. So many "savvy" businessmen have simplistic models. In the case of gambling, in multiple places throughout the country, investors assumed continued growth rather than display any understanding of the limited market that they had, and the competition among areas for market share. Happened to riverboat gamblers on the Mississippi at the same time, and to Indian casinos.

The difference with Trump is that he suckered the Atlantic City investors before he suckered nearly half the country.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 5702
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a tidbit MAtty...
At the same time DJT was down 94%, MGM was up 600%....Doesn't really support your bogus theory. DJT was a short seller's dream, and Trump fleeced it, like he and his cronies are fleecing the knuckleheads that voted for him right now.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 2871

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
swchandler wrote:
I question that conclusion. Once others took over Trump's casinos, they were able to again profit.

You have to look deeper at how Trump mismanaged his finances and debt obligations. Also, it's important to remember that Trump screwed a lot of folks to escape from his casino disasters.


Far more complicated than that SWC. The banks were big boys, and Trump saved thousands of jobs. Almost all NJ casinos went BK in those days.


You can't explain this to a liberal, most have never run a business and have no idea how hard it is..


Always good for a laugh. So many "savvy" businessmen have simplistic models. In the case of gambling, in multiple places throughout the country, investors assumed continued growth rather than display any understanding of the limited market that they had, and the competition among areas for market share. Happened to riverboat gamblers on the Mississippi at the same time, and to Indian casinos.

The difference with Trump is that he suckered the Atlantic City investors before he suckered nearly half the country.


Mac go cash your union pension check and have some apple sauce. I am pretty sure you never had to meet payroll in your life.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mat-ty



Joined: 07 Jul 2007
Posts: 2871

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Here's a tidbit MAtty...
At the same time DJT was down 94%, MGM was up 600%....Doesn't really support your bogus theory. DJT was a short seller's dream, and Trump fleeced it, like he and his cronies are fleecing the knuckleheads that voted for him right now.


That's a lot of people to insult Boggs. We didn't get fleeced. We saw what the left had to offer, and after 8 years of a radicalized anti-American closet Muslim, Trump looked like a champ.
Zero regrets, I would take him on his worse day over Madame DB that fools like you seem to idolize.

Stop being a whiney bitch and count your money..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
boggsman1



Joined: 24 Jun 2002
Posts: 5702
Location: at a computer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stay on topic.. Trump and Atlantic City. Unmitigated disaster, but not for him.
Shareholders- crushed
Bond holders- crushed
DJT- made out like a bandit... He even applauded BK as a success.. He crushed all investors but made $2-3 hundred mm himself. Disgusting to me, a hero to the sycophants.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nw30



Joined: 21 Dec 2008
Posts: 4184
Location: The eye of the universe, Cen. Cal. coast

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mat-ty wrote:
mac wrote:
mat-ty wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
swchandler wrote:
I question that conclusion. Once others took over Trump's casinos, they were able to again profit.

You have to look deeper at how Trump mismanaged his finances and debt obligations. Also, it's important to remember that Trump screwed a lot of folks to escape from his casino disasters.


Far more complicated than that SWC. The banks were big boys, and Trump saved thousands of jobs. Almost all NJ casinos went BK in those days.


You can't explain this to a liberal, most have never run a business and have no idea how hard it is..



Always good for a laugh. So many "savvy" businessmen have simplistic models. In the case of gambling, in multiple places throughout the country, investors assumed continued growth rather than display any understanding of the limited market that they had, and the competition among areas for market share. Happened to riverboat gamblers on the Mississippi at the same time, and to Indian casinos.

The difference with Trump is that he suckered the Atlantic City investors before he suckered nearly half the country.


Mac go cash your union pension check and have some apple sauce. I am pretty sure you never had to meet payroll in your life.

I like that, a nice to the point post.

_________________
I don't drink the 'cool' aid, I drink tequila, it's more honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mac



Joined: 07 Mar 1999
Posts: 9598

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free of facts and insightas usual.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group