myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Solution to getting booties and wetsuits off Da Feet
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Solution to getting booties and wetsuits off Da Feet Reply with quote

The usual trick, and the impetus for this more elegant solution, is panty hose. If you don’t wear booties but do wear wetsuits that are hard to get on of off your feet, PH remain the best solution (for real men who don’t give a damn what anybody else thinks.) You put on the PH, slip into that tight-ankled suit, cut off the PH feet at mid-foot, slide the excess up off your foot onto your ankle, and when you’re ready to take the suit off, it slides off your ankle as easily as a pair of oversized shorts. No more cursing, yelling, dislocated thumbs, fingernail-gouged ankles, torn suits, blood pressure spikes, strokes, or exhaustion; you can almost kick the suit off your ankle.

And stand there in your wife’s, girl-friend’s, or Mom’s panty hose.

If you are wearing booties, there’s no reason to cut off the PH feet. Leave ‘em intact, slip on your booties very easily, and slide everything off VERY easily when the time comes.

Then stand there in your panty hose.

Now there’s a more elegant solution for any non-cross-dressers or secure men wearing booties. It was inspired by PH, it works as well as PH, and it doesn’t leave you standing there in transparent women’s underwear.

It’s available in several configurations such as this:

See https://www.wetsox.com/ for more info and for the best pricing plus prompt free shipping.

I have zero complaints about mine; they work as advertised. Maybe now I won’t go to hell for blasphemy.
dllee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I quit serious surfing at 35, i vowed id stop all watersports if i couldnt take off my 4-3 wetsuit standing up. I still stand by it.
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe fall over by it ;*)

-Craig

zirtaeb wrote:
When I quit serious surfing at 35, i vowed id stop all watersports if i couldnt take off my 4-3 wetsuit standing up. I still stand by it.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did just recognize one concern: feet slipping inside booties. I hate wearing booties, but the main issue is their clumsiness in the straps. Yesterday was my first day in booties this fall, and maybe that clumsy feel that made me pack it up and go home was my feet slipping in the booties. I'll have to try the Wetsox with some of my other booties and try these booties without Wetsox, accepting the exhausting 6-8-minute nightmare required to extract my feet from my deliberately oversized dry suit. If it weren't for the weeks of excruciating hives I get from one session in water below about 55 degrees, I'm fine down to 46 degrees barefooted ... pretty much April through November in the Columbia.
fxop

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you ever get done with a session and think, "there's no way I can get my wetsuit off. Too tired. Please just give me a beer and let me sit down and wait for a second wind. Maybe I'll sleep in it tonight and take it off tomorrow."

Old.

Last edited by fxop on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:06 am; edited 1 time in total
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I've been there, but I have yet to actually drive home in my wetsuit.
(site to site is another thing though).

-Craig

fxop wrote:
Do you ever get done with a session and think, "there's no way I can get my wetsuit off. Too tired. Please just give me a beer and let me sit down and wait for a second wind. Maybe I'll sleep in in tonight and take it off tomorrow."

Old.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing helps you more getting the wetsuit off than the call of nature, especially after a beer or two.
joethewindsufa

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean - you're supposed to take it off for that ??
wanna buy one of my used wetsuits ?? Very Happy
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought a new high end Neil Pryde steamer loooong ago. Getting it off wet feet was so infuriating and exhausting that I just cut the ankle cuffs off the suit. Given an option, I don't buy full suits without zipper- or velcro-opening ankles any more. The fight is an awful way to end a great day on the water.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well spare a thought for those of us who wear double footwear in mid winter. (3mm socks beneath 5mm boots.) But they never seem much problem to get off - they are always full of water, so well lubricated! (SEA WATER Joe -we sometimes need wet suits repaired, and some of us heve not yet lost all self respect Laughing )

As for peeling off 7mm winter wet suits, I've always pulled them down and off, inside out. For legs, peel down the main body and and stand on one leg side while pulling same side other leg up to peel it down to ankle level. (Ditto other side.) As for ankle clearance, well yes, 7mm neoprene does require a bit of finger leverage to clear the heel, but balancing there in the snow does kind of speed things up a little!

But windsurfing was never meant to be free of a little hardship, was it! (And the warp 10 afterglow, while sitting in car with flask of tea, and heater full on - well, we EARN that pleasure don't we!!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: