myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Racism and America
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 455, 456, 457  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
MalibuGuru wrote:
mac wrote:
The entire furor over kneeling during the national anthem has been a way for Tony Soprano to use his dog whistle on the predominately black players. Echoed now by owner Blair, who calls the players “inmates.” All you righties are welcome to move to Texas where you can use bigoted comments with out threat of disapproval by your peers. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2741008-texans-owner-bob-mcnair-on-protests-we-cant-have-inmates-running-the-prison

No, it's a way to get the NFL felons to respect the true hero's, our military veterans, and their AMERICAN PRIVILEGE.
bigots always insist they aren't bigoted. There is a Supreme Court decision that holds that nobody is required to stand or salute during the national anthem. Bard and the orange menace are contemptuous of the Constitution and rule of law.

In any event, the protest has to do with police brutality, not the military, and kneeling is a sign of respect. All lost on the lunatics and morons.

Wow, so anybody who realizes that the message got lost, or muddled because of the timing to protest (during the National Anthem) as opposed to some other time, is a lunatic or moron.
This is why it's the mac and Dean show, almost impossible to tell them apart.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno said:

Quote:
You dodged the Military question. Freedom of Speech doesn't go as far as you think. You started this by posting the Supreme Court case.

No, you started by saying you disagreed with the Supreme Court decision, and finished by saying it was difficult. Not hard at all, you don't get to pick and choose which Supreme Court decisions you accept. Common among conservatives. I don't much like the decision that elected Bush, or granted unlimited corporate power to influence elections. But they are established law.

You are correct that the First Amendment doesn't shelter a speaker from the consequences of their speech. I would never give a member of the KKK, or the Westboro Baptist Churh, money or respect. But it does protect the speaker from the government, in the guise of some moron with orange hair. His claims are ignorant and inappropriate. In the case of the NFL, personnel issues are governed by a bargaining agreement--again, it is something that the government cannot disturb.

You also passed on the whacko priorities of the right. Near silence on the KKK, and slobbering about the NFL. Could it be because...
techno900

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac said:
Quote:
No, you started by saying you disagreed with the Supreme Court decision

Go back and read my first post, it may be enlightening. You spend too much time deflecting when I raise a question or post something contradictory to what you claim.

My OBVIOUS point is that "freedom of speech" isn't all that it's claimed to be. The left takes the stand that you can say/do whatever you want, and there should be no consequences. It just isn't that broad.
coboardhead

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "left" Techno? Hilarious how you assign traits to the evil left. One of my contract workers wore an anti Obama hat on a job site. I told him he was fired if he wore it again. He is right of everyone on this forum. He insisted it was freedom of expression. Not so much. I'm not the government, I get to dictate what I believe is professional behavior.

I'm not the POTUS so I get to censor freedom of expression on my job site. The problem is when the president crosses this line. Wouldn't you agree that there is a difference?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fu@k racism. It's Halloween
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead said:
Quote:
I'm not the POTUS so I get to censor freedom of expression on my job site. The problem is when the president crosses this line. Wouldn't you agree that there is a difference?

The President steps in "it" at every turn, which gives the left the opportunity to highlight his shortcoming every day. I cringe all the time, but nevertheless, he is trying to push through his promised platform and that's why he still has quite a bit of support.

The only real question for those on the right is - what will be the options at the next presidential election?

The NFL is the hot issue at the moment regarding freedom of speech, when in reality the players probably have NO freedom of speech while representing their team. If the owners and coaches wanted to bench/fire players, they probably could, but the name of the game is sponsors, fans & money, so that's what drives the decision making.

Last edited by techno900 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
coboardhead

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Techno

I agree. I respect the players for making this statement just as I respect my associate for making his political statement. It does come down to the money. The owners can fire the players and I respect that right.

But, this would be a non-issue if Trump did not continue to play to his base by jumping into this. All one has to do is look at Matty's posts. Trump continues to engage divisiveness and anger. It is his fall back position. When are "conservatives" going to stand up to this and say the "tax breaks do not justify the continual dividing of this country". Because that's what's happening. The ruling party is walking on top of the rest of the country. When players peacefully, even if contractually prohibited, protest and the President gets in it, another example of repression is shown.

Today, we will see a tax plan that will transfer more resources to corporations at the expense of the vast majority of Americans. The same Americans that consume those products that generate those profits.

Can you understand why some in this country cannot love it the way you do?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
coboardhead said:
Quote:

The President steps in "it" at every turn, which gives the left the opportunity to highlight his shortcoming every day. I cringe all the time, but nevertheless, he is trying to push through his promised platform and that's why he still has quite a bit of support.

The only real question for those on the right is - what will be the options at the next presidential election?

The NFL is the hot issue at the moment regarding freedom of speech, when in reality the players probably have NO freedom of speech while representing their team. If the owners and coaches wanted to bench/fire players, they probably could, but the name of the game is sponsors, fans & money, so that's what drives the decision making.

Holy cow Technoo..."quite a bit of support"...He's at 33% in the latest Gallup, an all time low in a first year ...but if you think that equates to quite a bit of support, I guess you're taking fake news to a new level...
http://news.gallup.com/poll/201617/gallup-daily-trump-job-approval.aspx
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead said:
Quote:
Today, we will see a tax plan that will transfer more resources to corporations at the expense of the vast majority of Americans. The same Americans that consume those products that generate those profits.

Can you understand why some in this country cannot love it the way you do?

I will reserve my opinion until ALL the facts regarding the tax plan are in place. It has potential and up to now, no president has had the balls to try and simplify the income tax quagmire. There are so many making bogus claims like Schumer saying that Trump's tax plan would raise the federal income rates for the country's lowest earners. Politifact already said that is false. The lowest earners don't pay federal income tax. It's this kind of BS divisiveness that right has to counter, and they don't do a very good job of it.

Bringing corporate money back into the country with a lower tax rate has to have a positive side. Will it counter balance the lower rate? We will see, or maybe not.
techno900

PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggs said:
Quote:
Holy cow Technoo..."quite a bit of support"...He's at 33% in the latest Gallup,

Is this the same poll that said Hillary was going to win? I put little faith in ANY poll.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 318, 319, 320 ... 455, 456, 457  Next
Page 319 of 457

Jump to: