myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anybody on the east coast use a Northwave sail?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpeter wrote:
isobars wrote:
..... Other NM lakes can get overhead to nearly mast high in those conditions.

Mast high waves in New Mexico ? Peyote must be involved.

Nahhh; adrenaline.

Winds averaging > 40 mph (common in NM) + a >10 mile fetch in south winds at Elephant Butte Reservoir* = big swell. I've sailed swell well over 6 feet there, and Coast Guard guys who took me out on their big Boston Whaler to look for a lost board in 6 to 8 foot seas at The Butte said they often see it well over 10 feet high.

* Back then the water was much higher, so those twists in the lake on Google Earth were not there.

I've also sailed swell > 6 feet at Conchas Lake in eastern NM, and I wasn't even at the lee end of the lake. It's much smaller, but the surface horizon is still miles short of the lake's length and when ya can't even begin to see out of the troughs when standing bolt upright in ordinary swell, the bigger ones are easily topping 6 feet.

That's why I take exception to such comments as "But I sail on lakes [thus must use slalom gear]" and "I sail on lakes so have no use for maneuverable sails and/or sinkers". You bet yer booties I'm on sinkers and highly maneuverable sails even on small lakes, let alone some of the much bigger ones, when it's crankin'. I got chewed out for deviating from straight lines (and thus confusing the lawn-mowing crew) on my slalom board and 6.8 twin-cam on little Morgan Lake, NM nearly 30 years ago. Within reason, bashin' and slashin', B&J, freestyle and other styles best done on maneuverable gear are more dependent on preferences and skills than on venue size when it's windy enough to produce even small bumps. Such choices contribute to the growing popularity of bigger maneuverable sails and bigger wave and freestyle boards.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wynsurfer wrote:
Please go home

I respond far better to rational, fact-based persuasion than to edicts; it paid off hugely even in the military. Convince me with facts, logic, and supportable opinions (e.g., you don't get to fabricate my posts or mandate "my way or the highway") that I don't belong here -- IN A NEW THREAD, PUHLEEZE -- and you may get your wish. Be careful, though, as countless false accusations have sent scores of such accusers scurrying out of the light with their antennae between their legs ... two or three times in just this thread alone ... when asked to back up their BS.

Doesn't it embarrass you to emulate those who try to make virtually every thread about me? Aren't you ashamed to try to silence my contributions, especially after saying they have helped you sail better? Why would trying to poison a company's request for customer feedback make you feel better?

SIIIIGH ... one more notch in my killfile.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum monitor:

This thread was started by a commercial sail loft , it’s not on the Industry news forum

It appears to seek meaningful feedback on its product.

It has eroded into a Dog fight.

Request close discussion and or drop entirely.

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

U2U2U2 wrote:
Forum monitor:

This thread ... has eroded into a Dog fight..

Sure has. It indisputably deviated from topical to personal (and false) when U2U2U2 wrote:
"ignore his name calling, and endless rethoric."

Yet he refused to show us where I engaged in name-calling. Seems the archives prove his personal attacks false ... yet again ... so he wants them hidden.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

punk
noun
a loud, fast-moving, and aggressive form of rock music, popular in the late 1970s and early 1980s.
NORTH AMERICANinformal
a worthless person (often used as a general term of abuse).
adjective

You called Fox a Punk. You answered that Dirty Harry used the term in a movie, ergo must be ok for use here.

How about it, Punk? Are you an efficient sailor? , with happy smiley face.

Was your insert in a reply
boardsurfr

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not certain that attempts at education will be successful.

512px-Forbidden-151987.svg.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  54.77 KB
 Viewed:  15313 Time(s)

512px-Forbidden-151987.svg.png

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: