myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Spelling Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
That's so deep.

It is when you are a constant offender-- you lose, or loose as you say, your credibility.

Aw come on Boggsy, join the club there are plenty of us, it's fun, no rules!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
boggsman1 wrote:
nw30 wrote:
Spelling Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
That's so deep.

It is when you are a constant offender-- you lose, or loose as you say, your credibility.

Aw come on Boggsy, join the club there are plenty of us, it's fun, no rules!

I'm just having a little fun NW...
nw30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More proof that we still don't really know what we don't know.
Settled science my ass.
Back to the future (early 70's)? Maybe so.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ICE AGE EARTH: Global FREEZE lasting 120 YEARS threatens ‘more intense’ winters from 2019
A GLOBAL cool down lasting 120 years will trigger “more intense” winters that threaten months of freezing temperatures and snow “within a few years”, climate scientists have warned.
12-23-17

The coldest winter in five years has been forecast for Britain, with “widespread snow” and brutal lows of -17C across Christmas expected to be a “shock to the system”.
During the first two weeks of winter, the UK was crippled by an onslaught of cold snaps that brought heavy snow, hazardous ice and sub-zero temperatures virtually everywhere.
Speaking to Daily Star Online, climate and weather experts predict one cold spell a week until the end of winter in the UK, warning “you have been cool and it will get colder”.
In the coming years, David Dilley, CEO of Global Weather Oscillations, believes winters will only become “more intense” in the UK due to a combination of “dangerous” climate factors.
His research shows that by 2019, Earth will enter a natural 120-year cooling cycle that happens roughly every 230 years, bucking the warming trend.
Predictions of low solar activity for 33 years between 2020 and 2053 are also predicted to send thermometers plummeting, according to his research.

The vast majority of scientists are of the view that global average temperatures have been rising steeply in the past century, with evidence showing human influence is the dominant cause.
In order to prevent catastrophic global warming, almost every country has signed up to a United Nations climate pact, whose aim is to keep global temperatures below 2C.
But Dilley, a former NOAA meteorologist, argues that Earth is “coming off” a 230-year global warming cycle and moving on to a 120-year cooling period.
These global warming and cooling cycles are determined by the gravitational forces of the Earth, moon and sun, he said, citing evidence “well documented in science”.
In other words, as Earth swings closer to the sun global warming is observed, while cooling is observed as Earth swings away.

For the rest, there's more~
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/667148/climate-change-uk-weather-forecast-global-freeze-ice-age-earth-2019
mac

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You boys sure suck up what you want to believe, science comes in second. Dilley is a weatherman, no research, no published peer-reviewed papers on climate change. But he, too, has found a way to make money milking the deniers.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to laugh N.W. Tynemouth (some of the photo's in that article) is a popular North Sea board surfing beach. It was there, a few weeks back during that sub zero icy/snow spell, that I checked the beach web cam for conditions at morning first light (before 8 AM) and spotted some board surfers getting in a quick sesh. before having to pack in, and belt off to school. (Bragging rights, I expect Laughing )

Me - I was in at another popular North Sea surfing beach later that same morning, but I must confess to stuffing a thin full length divers fleece undersuit beneath my thickest winter wet suit. I didn't have to rush off anywhere, but admit I'd had my fill after just an hour!!!

But hey, can't them thar young-uns have it all their own way. They might imagine they've discovered something us oldies know 'nowt about. Wink Wink
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
You boys sure suck up what you want to believe, science comes in second. Dilley is a weatherman, no research, no published peer-reviewed papers on climate change. But he, too, has found a way to make money milking the deniers.

Eminently more qualified than Al Gore or you.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Err...... That Russian Science Academy prediction of an imminent mini-ice age for Northern Europe and Siberia is back on the agenda.

It is now being suggested by a team from Northumbrian University, building on the work from Moskow by using a mathematical model of the suns magnetic activity (that long term cycle), that the mini-ice age could strike, beginning in 2021, and last for at least 33 years. (I've no doubt they too will be ridiculed by the forum experts, who clearly have more expertise in the subject than these people.)

As for me, I'm changing over to a moon walk quality dry suit for my future winter windsurfing needs form next year. (Provided there is a gap in the ice packs.) Can't risk pneumonia, you know, at my age!)
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. The cold and snow (motorway disruptions and power failures) has struck again, with renewed vigour. But then, it's only weather, and to be expected, despite assurances years ago, that snow is now a thing of the past!

A sense of humour is invaluable!!!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

75% of the US is frozen too. Snow on the mountains of Hawaii. Meanwhile, my son is going to spend the winter in Iceland.....which is even colder than England.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incidentally, looking at the news pictures of the motoring network mayhem in the freezing snow storms, I await with incredulity the enforced future of battery powered vehicles only.

From my knowledge of electrics such battery powered vehicles, in such severe conditions, would flatten said batteries in a very short time.Think added resistance to driving in snow, heaters on full blast (very current consuming indeed), lights full on, and wipers struggling to clear snowing up windscreens, and, not least, the fact that batteries lose a lot of efficiency in freezing conditions, and more so if the winters really do become far more severe.

It just won't cut it, except for very short distances. At least, nobody sensible would risk being stranded 'out there' when it all goes flat! But like all ceackpot political right on ideas, I don't believe it really will become reality - not unless some miracle breakthrough in electrical power generation takes place. (Not on the horizon yet, methinks.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 527, 528, 529 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 528 of 573

Jump to: