myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
4.0 or 4.8 Aerotech WindSUP?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sir, I don't. But on a more practical level I'm booked in Monday with my doctor to receive a free National Health Service pneumonia vaccine.

I only found out from the newspaper this week (dangerous severe flu epidemic currently causing many deaths among the elderly) that such was available and advisable for the elderly. (Many contracting pneumonia as a result of falling with the flu virus.)

I would be most indignant if I died before my 99th birthday. (I won't tempt fate by being too greedy, and wishing for the ton!)
mrgybe

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cgoudie1 wrote:
You guys are gnarly tough, but do you have one of these?

Late Fall, Early Spring............men like GT wear only a thong and a harness in those balmy conditions!! January in the North Sea.......now that's worth a certificate!
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, if you give a little thought to that celebrated 100 year old yardstick, it can't be psychologically helpful to pass the other side of it. The build up may be a spur, but having reached and passed it, what then? An anti climax and wondering if every day is then going to be your last!

But, as an exeption, we have the amazing example of Robert Marchand, that incredible ex pro French cyclist, who yet again, having now reached 105 years old, has broken another cycling record at 14 miles in one hour at an indoor velodrome.

What an inspiration that man is. (He was a prisoner during world war two.) He has that wonderful blessing of good genes, and an unbreakable spirit. When asked (at only 102) what drives him, he simply said he couldn't sit still for more than seconds at a time.

I gather he now, having reached 106, is content to retire at last. He is a national hero, and fully worthy of being called a real MAN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Windsurfing Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: